Author Topic: Success with transition...feeling great!  (Read 937 times)

Offline Mamastalawatt

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 4
  • Me and my beautiful boy!
Success with transition...feeling great!
« on: May 23, 2006, 09:20:28 am »
Hiya,

I've posted numerous posts oer the last couple of weeks about whether to transition my lo onto 3.5 hour EASY.  He's 19 weeks and has been on 3 hour EASY since he was a couple of months old.  Last week he was all over the place, waking loads during the night (growth spurt) and his feeding went a bit haywire too  :-\ 

Well today I am feeling so good - things finally seem to be settling and last night he slept through the night (7pm to 7am) for the first time ever!  And he seems to be napping for 1.5 - 2hrs every morning, with a further 45 minute and 1.5 hour nap later in the day. The things I have tweaked, for anyone who might be interested, are as follows:-

- I've started putting him in his growbag at night so his legs are 'contained' but his arms are free
- I still swaddle him for his naps which seems to help him stay asleep longer
- I give him his last feed of the day in our bedroom (his cot is in our room) so as soon as he's finished, he goes straight down
- I've brought his dream feed forward to 10pm - I was doing it at 11pm, thinking he'd sleep longer but it didn't work

He seems to be fine feeding every 3.5 hours, and sometimes if he takes a 2 hour nap it means he feeds every 4 hours, so I think he might transition himself onto 4 hour EASY fairly soon.

After the horrendous week last week (boy was I on my knees with exhaustion!) it is lovely to have had my first full night's sleep in months!

Just wanted to share - at times I've felt like we've been going two steps forward, twenty steps back, but now it seems that we might have found the right routine for him.

Thanks to everyone on here for the wonderful support, help and advice.  I couldn't have managed without you all.

Mama
xxxx

Offline LŠuren

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 206
  • yummy!!
Re: Success with transition...feeling great!
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2006, 10:07:11 am »
Mama
This is FANTASTIC news - well done!!!

;D ;D ;D ;D
Lauren x