Author Topic: First food?  (Read 1056 times)

Offline sofiasmommy

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 10
  • Oh how we love this little girl!
First food?
« on: May 25, 2006, 22:40:02 pm »
I am sure this question has been asked before, but I just don't have enough time to search through all the boards! So, I am hoping that you guys can help me out!  ;D

My dd has been having 2 tbsp of rice cereal in the morning and evening for about a month, she is 6 months old now. I want to start adding fruits and veggies into her daily routine. Any suggestions where to start and what to start with?

My other question is how much to start with and how often? My dd is small, only about 12 1/2 lbs. So, I don't want to give her too much, but also I don't want to give her too little. I am still breastfeeding her every 3 hours because she is small. By adding solids, should I switch her over to the 4 hour routine?

Any advice???
TIA!!!!!!!!

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wyybu7o/]

[/u

Offline 15milner

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 211
Re: First food?
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2006, 22:48:25 pm »
Tracy puts a few pointers in the feeding section of her first book.  If i remember correctly pears came very early on.  I think they were my first food after baby rice.

Offline Mom to M&M

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 128
  • Cool dude!
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2006, 22:54:42 pm »
My Ped recommends doing rice cereal, then barley then oatmeal. The moving onto apples, pears, bananas, plums and peaches and then onto orange veggies and then green. We do each new food for 5 days - new foods morning only for 2 days and then later in day is fine. At her age I'd definitely switch her to 4 hour routine and maybe space the solids and BF apart by at least an hour - BF first at her age. Then offer as much of the solids as she'll take - as long as you don't find it interfering with her BFs too much.
Karen: Proud Mama to Marisa (8-11-05) and Matthew (6-5-09) and happily married to my best friend and love of my life since 10-13-01

Offline sofiasmommy

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 10
  • Oh how we love this little girl!
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2006, 01:31:43 am »
THANK YOU!!!!! Ok, we will be switching over to a 4 hour routine and probably starting out with pears.

One more question! Should I give her cereal and pears each separately or should I mix them together?

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wyybu7o/]

[/u