Author Topic: What to start with first???  (Read 968 times)

Offline andrea21

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 38
  • My 2 boys...
What to start with first???
« on: May 26, 2006, 13:58:16 pm »
I have alot of other people's post and saw that most people started with Pumpkin and Potato first.
Do you have to start with that first?(after cereal that is)

I have had my 22 week DS on Cereal for about 2 weeks now and he is ready for more food.Moves his mouth at food when he sees us eating.
Went to the supermarket today to look for Pumpkin and they don't have it,so can I start with fruit first then?Will it effect him?I have to get him use to jar and homemade food as well,as we travel alot.

So if anyone has any advice,throw it my way,as really wanted to start him 2morrow lunch time with it.

This is his schedule right now
7am bottle
8am b/fast
11am bottle
12noon lunch(this is where I want to start the next feed)
3pm bottle
5.30pm bottle
7.30pm bottle and bed

Hope someone can offer some advice.

Thanks
Andrea....

Offline Lola

• Showing Appreciation 44
  • Missy M's Mama
Re: What to start with first???
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2006, 17:20:10 pm »
I started dd on sweet potato and carrots first. Pumpkin is the same as types of squash to me and she has had all sorts of squash. Butternut and pepper are her favs (momma's too). They say veg first bc fruit is sweet but I alternated between the two. My dd hates banana's which was a starting fruit for her so we switched to pears/peaches. SHe takes both homemade and jarred as well. I used jarred at work when I bring her coz it's easier.
My LO loves all fruits and veg. Avocado is a nice one for them-nice and soft. Good luck!  :D
Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker" border="0" width="400" height="80

Offline Moongrinner

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 3
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2006, 18:40:44 pm »
I started with organic banana, then organic applesauce. I was thinking either pear or pumpkin next. My little one has never had cerreal because I firmly believe fruit (cooked, except for banana) is easier to digest than any cereal. Also, for me I believe it is INCREDIBLY important to feed infants organic foods ONLY because their tiny little systems are so much more sensitive and all those harsh pesticides, fungacides, and insecticides that conventional food is grown with seeps inot the food.

Offline Nay - Mateo's Mom

• Showing Appreciation 22
  • Spirited Angel...Ontario, Canada
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2006, 18:46:56 pm »
Hiya!

I was thinking/asking the same thing.. so someone pointed me to this..
I hope it helps, (remember these are suggestions/guidelines only!)
Nay

https://babywhispererforums.com/index.php?topic=57557.0

Offline sofiasmommy

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 10
  • Oh how we love this little girl!
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2006, 04:06:31 am »
I posted the same question yesterday and the general consensus was to start with pears. I have heard sweet potato to start as well. As for doing veggies first and then fruit, I thought the same thing, that the baby would not want the veggies after the fruit, BUT the contrary information was that a baby who is breastfed is already getting a very sweet meal every time, so fruit is even a step down in sweetness! So, starting with fruit is not a problem. I believe in Tracy's book she starts with pears as well!

Hope this helps....like I said, I just asked the same question yesterday! HA!  ;D

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wyybu7o/]

[/u

Offline andrea21

• Showing Appreciation 38
  • My 2 boys...
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2006, 04:35:29 am »
Thanks for that. ;D

I started with fruit with my DD and then veggie and she had no problems that way!

Thanks again...