Author Topic: COULD IT BE THE MILK?  (Read 1158 times)

Offline macsmum

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 111
COULD IT BE THE MILK?
« on: May 29, 2006, 09:46:58 am »
MY SON IS 18 WEEKS OLD AND HAS BEEN ON SMA WHITE SINCE HE WAS 6 WEEKS OLD, I CHANGED FROM FARLEY'S DUE TO SPIT UP AND REFLUX.

MY QUESTION IS THAT MY SON HAS DRY PATCHES ALL OVER HIS FORHEAD AND NOW ON HIS TUMMY, THE HV SAYS IT IS NOT A FORM OF ECZMA JUST DRY SKIN BUT IT GETS RED AND ANGRY LOOKING BUT NOT ALL THE TIME, COULD THIS BE THE MILK OR JUST A STAGE HE IS GOING THROUGH.
HE APPEARS TO HAVE HAD THE DRY PATCHES SINCE THE CHANGE OF MILK?

ANY ADVICE MUCH APPRECIATED
EMMA
Code snippet: PseudoHTML, UBBCode™ and BBCode. Used on most forums.

Offline squeaky's mum

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 24
  • Sophie and Tom
Re: COULD IT BE THE MILK?
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2006, 13:01:53 pm »
Hi Emma,

My daughter has eczema and definately has a milk allergy. Her eczema started when she was about 3 months old. I cut dairy out of my diet and it worked (Sophie has been exclusively breastfed), the eczema didn't disappear but did get a lot better. I would get an appointment with your doctor and see what he says, whether he diagnoses eczema or not. I believe milk allergy/intolerance causing eczema is quite rare. My doctor was really skeptical that it would work but it did. If you want to change to a non-dairy milk ask for a referal to the dietician when you need to start solids and bare in mind that children can also have a reaction to soya based formula. You can also get your son allergy tested but I think this involves getting a blood test and I didn't want to put Sophie through this so we didn't go for it.

Good luck

Claire
Claire

Mum to Sophie (08/07/2005) and Tom (09/02/2008)

Offline macsmum

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 111
Re: COULD IT BE THE MILK?
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2006, 13:04:45 pm »
THANKS FOR THE ADVICE, SEEING HV TOMMOROW FOR JABS SO WILL SE WHAT SHE SAYS, MY 1ST DAUGHTER HAD A DAIRY INTOLERANCE AND WAS PUT ON TO A SOYA MILK BY THE GP, BUT 2ND DAUGHTER WAS FINE.

THANKS AGAIN EMMA
Code snippet: PseudoHTML, UBBCode™ and BBCode. Used on most forums.