Author Topic: 13 month old won't eat finger foods  (Read 1857 times)

Offline FutureMKD@surfmk.com

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: May 31, 2006, 15:37:10 pm »
My 13 month old doesn't put anything in his mouth including food.  He will pick it up and drop it over onto the floor or even put it in my mouth but not his own.  I am so tired of feeding him everthing.  He drinks from a sippy or a straw and has started working with the spoon now but he has to start feeding himself with his fingers.  What to do?

Offline Carys' mom

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 11
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2006, 17:43:34 pm »
I'm having the same problem with my 15 mo dd. She just isn't interested in feeding herself - either with a spoon or finger foods. So I'm interested in seeing the responses to this thread.

Thanks...
Melanie
Mom to Carys Elizabeth (2/15/05) and Joshua August (8/16/07)

Offline FutureMKD@surfmk.com

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2006, 15:58:45 pm »
Everyone keeps saying to starve him until he eats but that doesn't seem very "Baby Whisperer" like.  I want to train him, not neglect him.

Offline maggieruth

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 251
Re: 13 month old won't eat finger foods
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2006, 16:04:58 pm »
not everybody advocates starving til they eat, but it is SUCH a prevelant school of thought that it is scary!  isn't it frustrating that just at the time that they are more able to tell us what they want and don't want, we are wanting them to eat fingerfood like WE want?  i think that eating with a spoon is fantastic!  will your los take finger food from you?  is it the texture or temperature that bothers your lo?  mostly i am very lucky with my ds but i wanted to offer you some support!  we started with rasins and cheerios and got very lucky that he loves them both.  hope you get some help from someone who has been there!
FWIW- i have an adult friend who HATES touching food with his fingers and eats most finger food with a fork, bet he was a joy to raise!