Author Topic: How to put 5 wk down in crib awake  (Read 507 times)

Offline sk4399

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
How to put 5 wk down in crib awake
« on: May 31, 2006, 17:17:25 pm »
Hello,

I have been trying to put Alaina (5wks) down for her day time naps after she's been up about an hour and is showing signs of being tired.  I rock her for a few minutes until she is almost asleep and put her in her crib.  After I put her down she wakes right up, I try patting her bottom, pacifier, and shh shh shh.  Sometimes it works, but mostly it doesn't.  I should mention that I put her down awake because the more I try to get her to sleep (rocking, walking, bouncing) the more tired and upset she gets.  Does anyone have any suggestions?  She is formula fed.

TIA

Katy
Katy :)

Offline * Paula *

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 426
Re: How to put 5 wk down in crib awake
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2006, 19:57:05 pm »
Hi Katy

I don't have much information, but the only thing i can suggest is perseverance.  She will soon get to know that when she goes into her crip it is time for sleep.

Please keep us posted and let us know how you get on.

Regards
Paula
Thomas Michael - 12 July 2005
Abigail Louise - 23 October 2007

Offline Gage and Sophie's Mom

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 17
  • How lucky am I?
Re: How to put 5 wk down in crib awake
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2006, 21:40:33 pm »
Hi sk4399. Congratulations on your lo! I once was where you are and the same happened to us. I would rock Gage until drowsy, but one day he decided that he didnt like it anymore. I think it actually kept him from sleeping. I decided to try feeding him his last bottle and then doing a light past/shh in the crib. I just kept with it and it worked. Like tom tom's mum said you have to just stick with it and it will work. You may even try letting your lo fall asleep on her own as the pat/shh may be keeping her awake as well. Try finding something that works for you and your lo though. Some moms just shh and not pat, others lay their hand on their lo's tummy. Good luck, and jsut keep in mind that this is just a stage. Be consistent and it will save you and your lo a ton of work in the future.