Author Topic: dd wont eat bread  (Read 1126 times)

Offline Wife and Mummy.

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 31
dd wont eat bread
« on: June 05, 2006, 18:17:19 pm »
hello,i was wondering if anyone knew what i could give to my daughter for lunch she will be starting school soon but the problem is she wont eat any kind of bread,pastry,crackers.she doesn't even eat cakes as she thinks its bread.anyone with similar problem.she eats most other things even sprouts,so she isn't that fussy apart from the bread thing.any suggestions would be great thanks.SAM.she will be 4 in august.she has never eaten bread even as a baby she refused.
samantha,mum to all.

Offline RachelC

• Girl Scout Extraordinaire
  • Showing Appreciation 865
Re: dd wont eat bread
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2006, 19:20:45 pm »
What about pasta?  Yogurt?  Veggies?  Cheese?

Proud to have breastfed for a combined total of 35 months

Offline miaria

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2006, 21:16:13 pm »
My son would not eat bread either and at 3 yrs old he went to montessori and I started giving him nutella on the bread so he would get used to the bread cause he loved chocolate he would eat it.  When he got used to the bread I changed the chocolate to ham and now he eats it all the time with all kinds of meat/  Maybe you could try that if you haven't already worked for me!!

I know its a pain when you can't give them something handy and filling.  Hope this works

Marie

Offline Wife and Mummy.

• Showing Appreciation 31
Re: dd wont eat bread
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2006, 16:55:10 pm »
she does eat everything else but i don't want her to be the odd one out at school and have what the other kids have.i have given her bread with lots of different spreads she digs her finger in and scoops it off.it can just be so hard going to a birthday party lots of sandwiches and cakes and she doesn't eat them and then people look at me funny if she just gets straight in there to the crisps and chocolate.and even picnics are hard.
samantha,mum to all.