Author Topic: Interest in elimination - MINE!!!  (Read 1350 times)

Offline deb

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 593
  • Resident Nac Mac Feegle
    • My Very Own Crunchy & Progressive Parenting Blog
Interest in elimination - MINE!!!
« on: June 05, 2006, 21:06:03 pm »
Natalie is FASCINATED with the toilet. Any time ANY of us uses the bathroom, there she is, and she really REALLY wants to participate fully! By "participate fully," I don't mean that she wants to pee or poop too. Noooo, her idea seems to be to stick her hand right in there if she could, and when she can't, she gets really angry and frustrated!  :-\ Oh, and when she hears a flush, she RUNS for the toilet to see if she can see what's going down. And yes, she CAN partially lift the lid by herself, so we have to close bathroom doors till I can figure out how to use a toilet lock that Josie can unlock but not Nat. Hah! ::)

Once this week is over and I'm done subbing at Josie's school, our plan is to be home all the next couple weeks (except for a grandparents' visit for Fathers' Day in 2 weeks), so I'm hoping to get the potty seat out of storage and cleaned up and in use for her so she can have the chance to have her own fun, but in the meantime,  it really gives me the willies having her hands trying to get in around me while I do my business, and it's no fun listening to Josie pound on her outside my bathroom door because Josie doesn't like the sound of Nat crying.  ::) :P

Not sure if I'm looking for actual advice, just mostly wanted to get that out there, KWIM? Too strange to keep to myself! LOL ;D

Offline ¤ Efka ¤

• Showing Appreciation 174
Re: Interest in elimination - MINE!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2006, 21:10:03 pm »
Sorry about your situation, but it's kind of funny.Thinkingg about baby , who is upset, when cannot see what is going down ;D ;D ;D
~Efka~

Offline ryan's mum

• Showing Appreciation 374
  • North Wales U.K
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2006, 21:13:43 pm »
it is kinda funny to read but obviously not funny on your end having to deal with it !
could you get a hook latch to put on the door at Josie's height , so Josie can still manage it ?
there again from what i've read and pics i've seen of Nat she will probably just push something over to stand on to unlock the door  :P
[img width= height=]http://tac.families.com/tickers/tdb.php?tid=1032165&ignore=1[/img]Ryan James 9 Nov 2003

[img width= height=]http://lafemmebonita.com/blinkies//Pregnancy%20and%20Babies/ILoveMySon.gif[/img]

son , I may have silver in my hair but you are the gold in my heart .

Offline Erin M

• The Sentinel
  • Global Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 521
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2006, 10:52:04 am »
This is just one of things you can file under.... "What I didn't expect when I became a mom" -- can't be too good for your digestion to have screaming/crying children on the outside of the bathroom door.  ;)