Author Topic: Dreamfeed?  (Read 1707 times)

Offline GKirk

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 3
  • Carver, Ma, USA
Dreamfeed?
« on: June 06, 2006, 23:36:09 pm »
Hi- my lo is 8wo and his routine is eat at 7, 10, 1, 4, 615 and DF at 1030 and nighttime feed at 3/330

I am wondering, sometimes I fall asleep and he skips the DF and wakes up at 12am and then again at 4am...
is there anyway to get him used to the DF and to expect it? Or should i just set my alarm! incase I fallasleep anymore.. ?

Offline NikiJ

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 164
Re: Dreamfeed?
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2006, 23:38:58 pm »
Hi GKirk.

Do you wake your lo for the dreamfeed or give it to him when he's asleep?

I gave the df when my lo was asleep and unfortuately it was up to me to give it to her or she woke later for it.

Offline GKirk

• Showing Appreciation 3
  • Carver, Ma, USA
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2006, 23:53:16 pm »
He is usually asleep, although i do have to change his diaper everytime at night because if not he will wake up and be completely soaked! But he generally sleeps through the whole thing

Offline teezee

• Showing Appreciation 157
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2006, 04:14:42 am »
i agree you may want to try something like putting a size bigger diaper on lo, or doubling up on them so that you don't have to wake for the diaper change as this may be disrupting his sleep.
Tawnya
Mommy to Alecksandria
June 11, 2005

Offline GKirk

• Showing Appreciation 3
  • Carver, Ma, USA
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2006, 23:09:08 pm »
Ok thanks! I am going to look into those overnight diapers because the next size up didnt work! Thanks for your input :)

Offline Zoey

• Children need models rather than critics.
  • Showing Appreciation 447
  • Sweet chubby cheeks
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2006, 23:45:46 pm »
Hey there!

I have a super soaker son!  I tried Huggies next size up, Pampers baby dry next size up, Huggies overnights his size, then the next size up, two diapers - ALL didn't work.  I even tried a maxi pad in his diaper but it back fired due to the sticky tape part  >:(.

HOWEVER!  There is hope - they make these things called diaper doublers.  They are a cotton, maxi type insert with no tape that you put in the diaper and it soaks up the pee.

Let me tell you - my super soaker now goes from 7pm to 7am, and stays completely dry!!!!!!!!  I swear these things could soak up the Atlantic Ocean!  The diaper itself isn't even wet in the AM< just the doubler.  So I COVER him in A&D after his bath - we haven't had a single wet through and no problems with his skin at all!  Let me find the link for you.  I am in the US and I couldn't find them in a store so I ordered on line....  http://www.tushies.com/tushiesmates.html - I believe that brings you right to the product.  TushiesMates liners.

I swear by them!

HTH

Zoe

...its what you do when you get back up.

Offline shelliz

• Showing Appreciation 217
  • Shelby - mom to two fabulous kids!
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2006, 23:57:54 pm »
Zoe...

Thank you soooo much for the recommendation on the diaper doubler! This has been a huge issue for us at night! I, too, had to change my dd during the DF b/c she would soak her diaper, p.j.'s and her sheets by the 3:00 a.m. feeding. I just placed my order a few minutes ago! I can't wait to try them! ......well...I can't wait for Jessica to try them  ;D

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Shelby

Offline Zoey

• Children need models rather than critics.
  • Showing Appreciation 447
  • Sweet chubby cheeks
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2006, 00:01:40 am »
You are welcome - they are SOOOO GOOD!!  Wait til you get em, you'll kiss the UPS guy!  LOL.  Mom2katiebug told me about them - I could have kissed her too!

Zoe
« Last Edit: June 09, 2006, 00:03:20 am by Zoey »

...its what you do when you get back up.

Offline newmommyl

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2006, 01:26:20 am »
Definitely set your alarm for the dreamfeed!  i've started to do that, b/c i was falling asleep and if i did it later than 11, my dd would be more apt to wake up.  those diapers sound great too!  good luck.

Offline GKirk

• Showing Appreciation 3
  • Carver, Ma, USA
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2006, 01:45:04 am »
Thanks so much for the tushies idea that is a great help i am going to order them right now! I dont know why but i think the lo's pee twice as much at nighttime! Thanks for the help! :D