Author Topic: Need help switching to formula-return to work in 6 wks  (Read 1051 times)

Offline Jessi

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Need help switching to formula-return to work in 6 wks
« on: June 07, 2006, 03:13:35 am »
Hi ladies,
  I'm not sure if this is the right forum, but here it goes.  My LO is 21 wks old.  I will be returning to work 6 weeks from now and want to switch over to formula, as I won't have the time or energy to pump.  I also can't get more than 2 oz that way.  Currently, dd has a bottle of formula once a day, in the evening.  She takes a bottle fine and seems to like the formula just as much as my milk, so I'm not worried about that.  I'm just not sure how to go about slowly decreasing my supply without getting too engorged or uncomfortable.  I'm also not sure if it will all dry up or not.  I'd like to be able to do the dreamfeed on the breast still.  Is this feasible?  It's just me not wanting to let go of it completely I guess.  We will also be starting solids soon too, so I'm really not sure how that fits in with this either.  Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Jessi

Offline Kimberly®

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 126
Re: Need help switching to formula-return to work in 6 wks
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2006, 04:05:41 am »
I believe its just a mater of substituting a bottle for a breastfeed one feeding at a time untill your LO is only on formula. Its a great start if you already know she will take formula.
As long as you do the dreamfeed I believe your milk will still be there for that. The more you feed the more milk, the less you feed the less.

Have you asked the ladies at the breastfeeding forum? they may have some advice for you as well.
Kimberly