Author Topic: Still having problems!  (Read 972 times)

Offline hendysmum

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« on: June 10, 2006, 00:17:44 am »
My 11.5 month DS is still waking approx 5 times during the night after being put down. Im implementing a couple of tips that ive picked up from this forum but was wondering if you could have a look at our current schedule. We are currently trying him on an earlier bed time and also slowly weaning him from his bottle at night using the dilution method. We are up to day three of this and he is still drinking the whole bottle. Does this mean he is thrirsty because we are getting as much liquid into him during the day as possible.

7am -wakes for the morning
8am - brekky
9am - bottle
9:45/10 -sleep for 45 min to 1.5hr
12:30 -lunch
2pm -bottle and bed
5:30 - dinner, bath
6:30 bottle bed

Last night he woke at 8pm, 11:30pm, 3:30am, 5am.

At the earlier wake ups it as simple as popping the dummy back in or lying him back down from standing or sitting but in the early hours of the morning it gets more and more difficult. I gave him a bottle at 3:30am and he drank the lot but continued to be unsettled until morning when at 7am he wakes happily

Thanks for your help.

Offline teezee

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 157
Re: Still having problems!
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2006, 02:01:41 am »
from my understanding with weaning this way using formula (i can't be totally positive as i did it bfing so hopefully someone else will chime in here :) ) that b/c your lo isn't getting as much nutrition from the formula b/c it is watered down that he will start taking in more calories during the day so be sure you are offering more kwim?! eventually as you keep watering it down he will stop waking for it - in theory that makes sense to me anyway...so keep doing what you are doing - good job!!  :D

is your lo getting a bottle first thing in the morning? i would try offering it then rather than later before the nap...is lo feeding to sleep or how is he going down - what is the sleep ritual day and night??

how long is lo sleeping for the pm nap?? i think you could stand to extend that morning A time some..i know my lo can usually do approx 3.5hrs A time before the first nap - although that's not saying your lo 'should' be able to do that long as they are all different...but i think if you were to slowly extend it some it would help. if your lo is getting too much daysleep it will def affect how restless he is at night and also cause wakings/early wakings - how much total day sleep is lo getting at this point?

i will be off til sunday night at least but will get back to you as soon as i get a chance.

good luck in the meantime!
Tawnya
Mommy to Alecksandria
June 11, 2005