Author Topic: Too much sleep???!!  (Read 738 times)

Offline lonelymum

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: June 13, 2006, 15:08:51 pm »
HI,

My son is 17 months old and we had problems with his sleep from day one. we persevered and followed Tracey's advice and since he was three months old he has loved his sleep. He made the switch to just one nap a day a couple of months ago when he wanted a long morning nap but no afternoon nap at all. I pushed his nap back to after lunch and he settled at three hours at 12.30 - ideal! My concern now though is that he may be sleeping too much? Today for instance he had 11.5 hours last night and is only now (4pm) waking from his nap! If i was to try and increase his night time sleep i know we'd go back to early wakings. Am i worrying about nothing - i hope os! He has a great diet of all home cooked meals - plenty of iron, although he doesn't drink as much as he should so maybe that's making him tired but i've literally tried everything and he's just not a big drinker. when he's awake he's bursting with energy and genera''y happy and cheeky so i don't think there's anything wrong I'm just concerned about the length of his naps when he sleeps so well at night. I've even stopped putting him in his grobag for naps and he's still out for hours, no blanket just in his clothes in his cot - is this such an uncommon thing, my friends think he he  has way too much sleep, some of their babies don't even nap now!

Any advice would be very gratefully received.

Carol
X

Offline RachelC

• Girl Scout Extraordinaire
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 865
Re: Too much sleep???!!
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2006, 15:40:11 pm »
Your son may just need more sleep than the average.  It seems like you are doing great.  When my dd was 3 she still slept 11 hours at night and took a 2 hour nap.  Enjoy the down time  ;D

Proud to have breastfed for a combined total of 35 months