Author Topic: Regular interruptions to EASY  (Read 818 times)

Offline x95stocchier

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 12
Regular interruptions to EASY
« on: June 18, 2006, 18:13:20 pm »
Not sure what to do, hoping for some advice.  My DS is 6 mo old, and every Sunday we struggle with what to do.  We go to church, but it is right in the middle of his nap time, and finishes right around E time.  It is a real interruption to his EASY, and getting tougher as he gets older/stretches his A time.  I used to wake him up 30 min early on Sunday, we'd sneak in an hr nap before we go, and then put down early for PM nap and we'd make up the difference with catnap.

Now his A time takes him till about 15 min before we have to leave, and we have no catnap anymore, so that makes for a long afternoon if he's overtired!  I'm never sure what to do. 

if I wake him early 1 day a week, will it throw off his schedule?  Should I also put him to bed early that day? (I'm afraid it will perpetuate!)

Should I try for 3 short naps that day only instead of 2?  or, again, will that be confusing to him?

Thanks for any advice!
Sarah

Offline estherofi20

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 158
  • my gorgeous babies
Re: Regular interruptions to EASY
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2006, 19:29:57 pm »
I understand perfectly how you feel, 'cause i get really stressed out if nap time would come in the middle of something, but what i would suggest is to aim for the 3 short naps, its really only one day a week, and if you can't find another time to go to church and it is really important to you, then i would deffinetly do that.