Author Topic: I need schedule help for 5 month boy who LOVES to eat!!  (Read 1089 times)

Offline Maggie and Nathan's Mommy

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 3
  • WITH FREEDOM COMES RESPONSIBILITY
I need schedule help for 5 month boy who LOVES to eat!!
« on: July 03, 2006, 18:09:14 pm »
We have been on EASY since day 1 with phases here and there, but I am really stuck at this point. I will be going back to work in about 4 weeks and I really want a good schedule for my mom.

Here are our problems:  He wakes early 5-5:30 and will not go back to sleep.  He will only stay awake about 1.5 hours.  Any time we need to go somewhere throws him off.  He takes short naps.  HE LOVES TO EAT SOLIDS!!!!

I need to get a handle on the A time , naps, and feeding times because we have added in solids and it messes with our day.  The doc said due to his size he could eat solids 3X's a day (this was at 4 months).  I was not at all ready to do this but by now at 5 months, he wants 3 solids a day!!  Here is what we have:

wakes  5-5:30
eats immediately 6oz
6:30-7 sleep (for 45 min to 1 hour)
wakes by 7:30-8 eats cereal and fruit
bottle about 30-45 min. later
second nap of the day ends up around 9-9:30 ::)

We just repeat this all day.  He will however throw in one good 2-3 hour nap that I sometimes have to wake him from in the afternoon.  He still may cat nap early evening.  He goes to bed around 8pm

Eating:  He will not eat more than 5 oz except first thing in the morning.  I usually feed cereal and fruit during the 1st or 2nd A time depending on how tired I am!!  He eats a bottle every 3 hours and eats lunch fruit and a little veggie at around 12-1 and eats dinner fruit with cereal and veggie around 6pm.  I am telling you this boy can eat!!!

Suggestions???  How long should he be awake??  HOw do we get in the bottles and solids when I cannot get him past 3 hours ???

THANKS!!!!!
TARA

Maggie  06/18/02

Nathan   01/30/06

Offline corrina01

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 84
  • Norfolk, UK
Re: I need schedule help for 5 month boy who LOVES to eat!!
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2006, 09:02:53 am »
I would move him onto a 3.5hr EASY as he can only stay awake for 1.5hrs. Then when he stay awake for 1hr45mins - 2hrs then move him onto a 4hr EASY.

I would gradually increase his A times by 5mins every few days until they reach 1hr 45 mins at least then work towards 2hrs.   I think this is why he is taking short naps, as he isn't tired enough.

Does he always wake around 5am-5.30am on the dot?

What time would you want to start your day?  Your bedtime is around 8pm, so I would suggest 8am?  Do you agree?

Corrina
Mum to Faith
A very spirited toddler with a touch of angel

Offline Maggie and Nathan's Mommy

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 3
  • WITH FREEDOM COMES RESPONSIBILITY
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2006, 13:53:29 pm »
I would love to start the day at 8 but in 4 weeks I go back to work so 7am would be better.  However, I think at 6 months he will be able to drop the cat nap and maybe go to bed at 7pm.  He usually wakes at 5-5:30 about 4 days a week and 6-6:30 the other days.  We did start yesterday keeping him up longer (we made it 1hr 40 min then 1hr 45 min then 1.5).  It REALLY helped his naps.  He was up at 6 ready to eat this morning.  But he was able to stay awake until 8am.  So that is great.  He has been sleeping now almost 2 hours so I guess I will go in there and rouse him up!!  I am also going to try to up his bottles.  The past few days he seems he could go past the 5 oz.  I will try stretching out the day and let you know if I have other questions.  THANKS!!!
TARA

Maggie  06/18/02

Nathan   01/30/06

Offline corrina01

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 84
  • Norfolk, UK
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2006, 09:09:42 am »
That is good news.   ;D

Please let us know if you have any more questions.
Corrina
Mum to Faith
A very spirited toddler with a touch of angel