Author Topic: Starting EASY  (Read 1198 times)

Offline Punkin'sMommy

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Starting EASY
« on: July 04, 2006, 19:11:10 pm »
Hi Everyone..

After reading BW we have decided to put Cameron (4 months) on EASY...

I have been reading all over the site for ideas on how to start, but I just can't find excatly what I'm looking for.. I'm sorry if this has been asked and I have missed the post...

So, right now.. I can usually establish the EASY in the morning, but come afternoon, it all goes out the window... Today for example has looked like this

430 am Eat 2oz
630 am Eat 4oz
830 am AWAKE
900 am Eat 2oz
910 am sing and play with mom
930 am Sleep
1120 am Awake
1130 am Eat 2oz
-- then play with dad
1230 Eat 2oz
-- play with dad
130 Eat 2oz
-- sit and cuddle
200 Sleep
230 Awake in his playpen
300 wants out of playpen...

~ So this is where I get confused--- I would like him a 4 hour schedlue, and am quite convinced that he should be on based on what he usually eats... But he will get mad and push the bottle out of his mouth and then doesn't want any other part of it.. We have switched nipples on his bottles, thinking he was getting angry with the slow flow... but now i dont think that is the proble,

Yesterday looked like this
6 am 2oz
8am wake up
830 Eat 4oz
900 Eat - little bit of fruit
9-930 play with dad
945 sleep
1030 awake
1045 eat 6 oz
1115 cuddle with dad
1130 sleep
1200 awake
215 eat
245 sleep
400 awake
415 eat 5oz
600 cat nap
630 awake
700 fruit with cereal
730 bath, massage, cuddle with lullibuys
745 sleep on his own in his crib..
dream feed at 1100 .. slept until 430

So as you can see, sometimes he does it himself, other times he doesn't  most times it EASAEAES, kwim??? I know that I have conditioned to eat before he goes to sleep, but the part that is hard is that he WON'T eat when he wakes up, or if he does eat, it's only a little bit, then he just munches all day..

What is the best way to start this that is easiest on Cameron... btw, he is a cross between Angel and Textbook baby

Thank!! Sorry so long!

Robyn

Offline LŠuren

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 206
  • yummy!!
Re: Starting EASY
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2006, 19:24:16 pm »
Hi Robyn and welcome to the boards  :)

Just wondering if you had checked out this posting ?  https://babywhispererforums.com/index.php?topic=62100.0

Give us a shout if you need us  ;)

Lauren
Lauren x

Offline Punkin'sMommy

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Re: Starting EASY
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2006, 20:23:09 pm »
Thanks for the posting and the welcome!!

I guess my main question is how to get him to eat after he sleeps?? Typically he will eat, burp, little cuddle, then go to sleep.. but he wont eat when he gets up, because he eats before he goes to sleep.. We have just transitioned him not to fall asleep with the bottle (YAY) but he is still eating about 1/2-45minutes before he goes done..
Is it just a matter of time with slowly pushing it back a little while after his naps?? Or should I be "forcing" him to eat after he sleeps for once then (more than likely) he will be alright until after his next nap???

Man, this raising a kid stuff is hard!~~

Thanks Again
Robyn