Author Topic: Please help me with 4 hour EASY - First day today!  (Read 1072 times)

Offline Maddy's Mum

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 4
    • The Family Website
Please help me with 4 hour EASY - First day today!
« on: July 07, 2006, 13:09:10 pm »
HI,

I need some help with 4 hour EASY as it is only our first morning and I am already confused. Josh is almost 4 months so we are transitioning from 3 hour to 4 hour EASY. We had a very loose 3 hour EASY as we had visitors here for the first 12 weeks since he was born - so any routine was pretty tough.

He was doing ok on 3 hours and apart from a few setbacks, when he would want more feeds in the night he was generally taking naps and going through the night with one feed. However, that all changed about a week ago and it has not been uncommon for him to wake every hour at night...so out came the BW book again and I have started him on 4 hour EASY properly today - but he was happy to go 4 hours for feeds yesterday.

So - our days starts at 6.30 and he feeds and then, according to the book he should be able to go anything up to 2 hours awake time - well at the 40 minute mark he starts yawning and fussing and by 1 hour 15 minutes he is zoning out and drifting off to sleep on the floor. I immediately took him to his bad and he fell asleep 1 hour and 20 minutes after he had wokn up...so whats that all about???!!

I have no idea how long he will be asleep - he is pretty set into 45 minute naps, so I am ready to do PU/PD if he wakes early - but can anyone shed some light on this?

He actually had his best nights sleep in a long while last night - he went down for the night at 6.30, DF 10pm woke at 12.30 but I could settle him back to sleep and then woke for a feed at 2.30 then through to 6.30.

Just for the record, he is breastfed and is a pretty big boy for his age at around 17lb

Please someone help me - I can't believe I am already confused on the first day!!!

Dee
x

Offline LŠuren

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 206
  • yummy!!
Re: Please help me with 4 hour EASY - First day today!
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2006, 13:22:28 pm »
Dee it sounds like the 4 months growth spurt.  Another thing is if you have just been on 3hr EASY there is a guide in the book to transisition to 4hr EASY, failing that you can stay at 3.25hr/3.5 or 3.75 hr and go to 4hr EASY later - what suits your LO.
Lauren x

Offline Maddy's Mum

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 4
    • The Family Website
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2006, 14:26:07 pm »
URG! Josh woke after a 20 minute catnap and we have just done 1 hour 10 mins of PU/PD with him to get him back off to sleep. He is due another feed in 35 minutes, but I am so loathed to wake him then  ::) (thats if he manages to stay asleep this time)

He seems to be ok going 4 hourly for feeds - but struggles with sleeping - should I go back to 3.5 hrs and see if that helps???  ??? I am still really confused

Dee
x

Offline LŠuren

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 206
  • yummy!!
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2006, 14:36:33 pm »
Dee
If it is the sleeping side of things that is the problem, you would be better putting a post on one of the sleep board asking for specific advice there.

The ladies there will be able to get you back on track  ;)

Lauren
Lauren x

Offline enna572

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2006, 18:48:49 pm »
HI,

I need some help with 4 hour EASY as it is only our first morning and I am already confused. Josh is almost 4 months so we are transitioning from 3 hour to 4 hour EASY. We had a very loose 3 hour EASY as we had visitors here for the first 12 weeks since he was born - so any routine was pretty tough.

He was doing ok on 3 hours and apart from a few setbacks, when he would want more feeds in the night he was generally taking naps and going through the night with one feed. However, that all changed about a week ago and it has not been uncommon for him to wake every hour at night...so out came the BW book again and I have started him on 4 hour EASY properly today - but he was happy to go 4 hours for feeds yesterday.

So - our days starts at 6.30 and he feeds and then, according to the book he should be able to go anything up to 2 hours awake time - well at the 40 minute mark he starts yawning and fussing and by 1 hour 15 minutes he is zoning out and drifting off to sleep on the floor. I immediately took him to his bad and he fell asleep 1 hour and 20 minutes after he had wokn up...so whats that all about???!!

I have no idea how long he will be asleep - he is pretty set into 45 minute naps, so I am ready to do PU/PD if he wakes early - but can anyone shed some light on this?

He actually had his best nights sleep in a long while last night - he went down for the night at 6.30, DF 10pm woke at 12.30 but I could settle him back to sleep and then woke for a feed at 2.30 then through to 6.30.

Just for the record, he is breastfed and is a pretty big boy for his age at around 17lb

Please someone help me - I can't believe I am already confused on the first day!!!

Dee
x
Hello again everyone!!

I seem to have hit a key that sent my reply without having finished!! oops!! Oh well, Let me resume... I have a 3 and 1/2 month old boy, Julien, whom I am also trying to put on a 4 hour routine (doing it from the transitional method that takes 2 weeks)...
Anyway,this is my 2nd day. and as i was saying, last night i tried to put Julien back to sleep with pu/pd after a 3am wake up (had given him a DF at 11) so i thought it was better to try to get at least a couple of hours more of sleep from him, so he'd do at least 6 hours straight as he's suppose to do.(In order not to compromise the new routine i'm trying to instore.) Do you think I should of jsut fed him, because he DID seem quite hungry! and I had to do 1 and 1/2 hour of PU/PD with him before he fell back asleep. Then he woke up 45 min later which was at 5h45. Then I DID feed him because he had passed the 6 hours sleep time. When I put him back to sleep after, i didn't have to do anything else but give him his blankie and his suither. He slept through 7am at which time I woke him up to start day2, tried to feed him again, to keep on 'schedule' with the routine, but ofcourse he only took a little. (by the way, i breast feed). I do think he might be in a growth spur also, but what should i do in that case, i do the cluster feeding, the DF, and still am, for now on the 3 hour routine...??? What else can i do or SHOULD I do??)

Thank's for any help or suggestions!! Gotta go lay down ... it's time for my nap too, julien is sleeping !!!!  ;)
OH NO !!! HE'S WAKING UP!!!!!!!!!!!!  :-[ :P Gotta go for a few PU/PD !!!

A tired mummy!!!
Anne

Anne :)