Author Topic: running with baby  (Read 934 times)

Offline ATCgirly

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« on: July 09, 2006, 23:41:08 pm »
Hope you gals have some good advise for me! This week I will be receiving my jogging stroller. Yea!! My little girly is now 10 weeks, which I really can't believe. We have been on EASY for about 4 weeks now. She does pretty well, but we still have a hard time with her going to sleep on her own and taking longer naps. Guess I am lucky that she loves her crib, though. She will no longer sleep on anyone. Only in her crib or pack-n-play when we go out of town.  Ok, that was off the subject!! I am planning on working a run into her everyday schedule...or at least 5 days a week. Is this going to through her off of her schedule or mess her naptimes up even more than they are? Some of the advise will probably be to forego doing this, but I just have to get back into running to help with my PPD. It was my passion prior to becoming prego and I miss it dearly. Thanks in advance for all your help!

Offline shelliz

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 217
  • Shelby - mom to two fabulous kids!
Re: running with baby
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2006, 23:57:58 pm »
I also enjoy walking/running with my daughter in our jogging stroller.  I was also concerned b/c I didn't want her falling asleep in the stroller which would mess her naps.  So....what I did, was begin our jog immediatly after she woke in the morning or after she would wake from her naps. That way she wasn't tired at all. The only time she has ever started to fall asleep in the stroller is if we take an extended stroll right after she has first woken in the morning.

HTH!!

:)

Shelby