Author Topic: How do I get back on track with severely overtired baby???  (Read 2152 times)

Offline ~Lori~

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 19
How do I get back on track with severely overtired baby???
« on: July 10, 2006, 01:57:30 am »
My 8 week old DD was finally getting into a more consistent nap routine this past week...of course, this was the weekend that we had a baby shower up in Canada (6 hour drive) and her WHOLE routine is so thrown off.  She hates the car seat and on the way up , only had 3 naps of 35 minutes in the car, and then 2 hours when we got there.  Yesterday, she took an hour nap in the morning, 35 minute nap in the afternoon, at the baby shower just cried and cried, got her home, it took 1 1/2 hours to put her down for a 2 hour nap.  She slept HORRIBLY during the night.  Our drive home today was the same thing, a couple of 35 minute naps...my poor baby is SOOO overtired and will not sleep now...I just need to know how to fix this...she is consistently waking up at the 35 minute mark with her naps.  But beyond that, how can I break the cycle of overtiredness with her?  Please help!!

Lori
Mom to:

DD--Touchy, then Textbook, 2006
DS1--Spirited, 2009
DS2--Textbook, 2012
DD2--Angel, 2014

Offline Zoey

• Children need models rather than critics.
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 447
  • Sweet chubby cheeks
Re: How do I get back on track with severely overtired baby???
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2006, 02:06:21 am »
I posted in the other place you posted about this.  First tomorrow is a new day!  Second, perhaps trying to extend her naps with pat/shh, and/or get some more naps in if you can't extend, do a shorter A time after short naps, and aim for an earlier bedtime - all until she is back to sleeping.  Owen went a few days with 4 or 5, 45 mins naps, shortened A times after and an earlier bedtime.  I think extending my be the best thing if she will.  Just remember if she doesn't sleep well, then she can't tolerate her normal A time without getting overtired.  Good Luck.

HtH,
Zoey

...its what you do when you get back up.