Author Topic: night wakings after vacation  (Read 942 times)

Offline courtneyandmiles

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 7
« on: July 11, 2006, 17:38:07 pm »
 ::) Girls, I need your help.  I had JUST gotten my 9 mo. old weaned of her df and sleeping 7:30 - 7:00 w/ no wakings when vacation happened (3 hr. earlier time diff).  Of course you can't let Baby cry-it-out in a hotel room!  So my Dd was bf at night 1-2 times every night but one!  Since we've been home, she's waking once between 2-3 a.m. to bf.  Last night I was going to df at 10:30, but she woke crying at 10.  She was still fussing after bf, so I fed her 4 oz. green beans, cheese and cheerios, on top of the milk!  She went down fine after that.

Here's her routine:
E 7:30 bf
E 9:00 s and bf
S 9:30-11
E 11:00 small snack (not every day)
E 12:30 or 1  s and bf
S 1:30-3
E 3:00 small snack
E 5:00 bf and s
E 7:00 bf
S 7:30
df 10 or 10:30  (sometimes she'll even want solids at this time and goes back down!)
currently waking between 2 and 3, once, to bf

So she's probably going through a growth spurt, and re-acclimating from vacation.  My mom and MIL say she should be sleeping through the night, and why don't I just let her cry.  So I'm wondering whether to do pu/pd if she wakes during the night to feed, or if I should feed her.  I'm frustrated b/c I want her to sleep all night, and I know she can, so her night waking is frustrating me.

I've heard about slowly decreasing the time on the breast during night wakings, but she cries if she's not full, and I'm afraid she'd just wake up again during the night to make up it.

Tonight I'm gonna wake-to-sleep, and if that doesn't work, I'm going to pu/pd the next night.  BABYWISE says never to feed a baby during the night, but Baby Whisperer says to always feed a hungry baby.  I'm afraid we have a habit now, and pu/pd might be a better solution than feeding.  I've already tried feeding more during the day, but I really don't think I can get any more food in her:  6 bf and 3 solid meals + 1-2 snacks already!

Any affirmation or advice would be appreciate.  thanks!

-courtney

Offline Curlygurl

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2006, 02:14:45 am »
Hello!  I am new to this forum and am dealing with the same thing as you!  I know you posted this a week ago-I was just curious to find out what worked for you?  My DD is almost four months and had slept through the night for almost 2 weeks starting at maybe 10 weeks.  Then I took a trip with my family and in order to keep her from waking others up I didn't let her fuss very long before I fed her-normally she would have gotten herself back to sleep.  Now she she wakes up crying 2-3 times per night-and of course I  feed her.  SO-we are in a rut.  My plan is to do a DF at 10pm and then wake to sleep setting my alarm at 1:30 to hopefully prevent her 2:15-2:45 wake ups.  If that doesn't work I guess I'll try PU/PD.  Has anything worked for you?  It is so hard to have patience during the night!  I can have her fed and back in her crib and me back in bed within 15 minutes!  BUT-I don't want to have to get up so often! 

Thanks

Curlygurl

:)