Author Topic: 10 month old waking 3-4 times a night now...still teething??  (Read 1029 times)

Offline Lola

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 44
  • Missy M's Mama
Oh lordy..I can't get over the fact that this is STILL going on. We are now waking up to 4 times a night where before we never woke up at all. It is very inconsistent and i have no idea what each night will bring. We got our top 2 teeth about 3 weeks ago and the two on either side have been working their way I think. She is still grumpy at night and it can take up to 2 hours to put her down or else she will go down straightaway and then wake up 45 min later ( I've tried w2s many times-sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't) and have to put her down again.Sometimes I have to rock her to sleep, other times I don't. It's so all over the place it's frustrating the heck out of me!!  PU/PD still doesnt work because she isn't crying. She is playing with her eyes closed she is soo tired. She is only getting about 10 hours a night now. Her naps are anywhere from 45 to 1.5 hours depending on how tired she is. It seems like there is NO consistency. Is this normal for when they are teething? It has been going on for so long now. She gets meds at night with Hylands etc. Doesn't make any difference to her night. She still seems to need her 1.5 hour naps twice a day. I note that some babes are now transitioning to one nap but I think that would make her very overtired. ???
I am so very frustrated still. On medications for ME now :(.  I don't feel like giving up anymore but I really do wonder if this will ever stop!!
It wouldn't be so bad if there was some routine at night and I pray that all you ladies that tell me her schedule will revert back to normal once she is done teething are right!!
Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker" border="0" width="400" height="80

Offline Colin Macs Mom

• Queen B
  • Global Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 854
Re: 10 month old waking 3-4 times a night now...still teething??
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2006, 22:34:03 pm »
I'm facing teething issues myself right now so I can relate!

Is it possible that she's got developmental things going on now too - is she about to walk maybe?
Jessica
Mom to Colin Ronald, August 18, 2005
Spirited + Reflux =  :o

Offline Lola

• Showing Appreciation 44
  • Missy M's Mama
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2006, 12:42:42 pm »
yah..she has been cruising for quite a few weeks now but is really starting to learn to climb  and is starting to let go and stand on her own..I am pretty sure it's teething tho..she never used to wake at night..she scrambles all over her crib when she is overtired but she plays so happily without rubbing her eyes, I can never really tell when she is getting over tired kwim?
So long as she can motor around..she will go and go and go...energizer bunny...too bad mummy isn't :)
Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker" border="0" width="400" height="80

Offline Colin Macs Mom

• Queen B
  • Global Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 854
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2006, 19:24:01 pm »
Boy do I know what you mean!  ;)  It does sounds like you've got developmental things going on that would definitely interfere with the sleep. Unfortunately it's something we just have to get through, but it does help to make sure they get all the time they want to practice during the day!
Jessica
Mom to Colin Ronald, August 18, 2005
Spirited + Reflux =  :o