Author Topic: how did starting solids affect your LO's formula intake?  (Read 870 times)

Offline jumblebox

• Lisa (Rilen's mom)
  • BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 15
  • water fun!
    • RilenBlog
how did starting solids affect your LO's formula intake?
« on: July 18, 2006, 21:17:50 pm »
Our DS has his 4mo well child visit/shots next week. He's big for his age and shows all the developmental signs of ready to start solids. So we're probably starting solids soon, and I was just wondering...

How did your LO's formula intake change, once you got started with solids? Did he/she drink less? Stay the same? Just want to be prepared...

thx,
LisaW
- Lisa (37)
DP=darling boyfriend/partner=Shane (26)
LO/DS= Rilen Christopher (Spirited: 3/21/06)
St Louis, MO US

Offline jumblebox

• Lisa (Rilen's mom)
  • BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 15
  • water fun!
    • RilenBlog
Re: how did starting solids affect your LO's formula intake?
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2006, 15:04:32 pm »
Thanks, stacy... that's what I suspected, but it never hurts to ask.

To be honest, I was looking at it from a budget angle. So far, with me being SAHM and DP having a crappy job, we've qualified for WIC, which means most of our formula is paid for - but we don't have much say in WHICH formula. DP will be starting a new job in a couple weeks, making enough that we soon won't be getting the WIC checks anymore. Good that he's making more money, sucks that we lose the "free" formula, good that we can finally switch to an organic formula if we choose, etc. Lots of facts and figures floating around in my head and just trying to get it all straight, so I can sort out the new budget.  ;)
- Lisa (37)
DP=darling boyfriend/partner=Shane (26)
LO/DS= Rilen Christopher (Spirited: 3/21/06)
St Louis, MO US