Author Topic: 3.5 month old napping issues  (Read 708 times)

Offline Mom2one

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
3.5 month old napping issues
« on: July 22, 2006, 02:44:28 am »
My 3.5 month old DD used to take such great naps, morning and afternoon.  However, that has all changed.  She doesn't sleep for any longer then 45 mins.
She goes down at night at 8pm and sleeps right through until 7am.  However, I've tried putting her down for a nap at 9am with no success.  She doesn't give me any cues that she is tired, no eye rubbing, no yawning, nothing.  Today, I finally put her in the crib at 10:50am, she fussed for 15-20 mins and fell asleep for 1.5 hrs and was up again at 12:45.  Then this afternoon, she fell asleep at 2:45, but woke up at 3:30 and was awake until she went to bed at 8pm.  I can clearly see that she is tired, but she won't nap.  Do I keep her wind-down time from 8:30am to 9 to try and push the 9am naptime.  Is it possible that she isn't tired that early after sleeping for 10-11 hrs straight?
I don't know what to do.  Keep up with the routine of naptimes in the crib at schedule times or go with the flow.  I want my good little daytime napper back

Offline Zoey

• Children need models rather than critics.
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 447
  • Sweet chubby cheeks
Re: 3.5 month old napping issues
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2006, 16:43:30 pm »
Hi there!

Can you post her exact routine please.  Also indicate when you begin the wind down and if you have any props to help her sleep.  How many waking does she have at night?

Thanks!

Zoey

...its what you do when you get back up.