Author Topic: Does this sound like a good plan?  (Read 929 times)

Offline hopper116

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: July 31, 2006, 15:12:22 pm »
Okay, as you probably know from my previous billion posts/questions, my 15 month ds is sort of transitioning to one nap.  I don't think he's quite ready though.  He wants to take a long morning nap, and then nothing at all or only 30 mins or so in the afternoon.  He's also sleeping 13 hours or so a night.  Some days, he's gone from 12:30 until 7:00 without sleep.  NOT good!

I was thinking, that I will start waking him in the mornings so he doesn't sleep in too late.  I'll be getting him up at 7am anyway in a few weeks as I soon return to work (teacher).

I'm going to try:
7:00   Wake
Around 9:30 or 10:00  Morning Nap (limit to 45 minutes)
12:00 Lunch
Around 2:00 or 3:00  Afternoon Nap
5:30 or so,  dinner
7:00  Bedtime Routine
7:30 Bed

Of course I'll fit in snacks, etc., but overall, do you think this might work?  Any ideas or input is appreciated!
Stephanie
Mommy to Ian Patrick 05/04/05

Offline Mom to M&M

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 128
  • Cool dude!
Re: Does this sound like a good plan?
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2006, 15:33:42 pm »
My DD has always preferred a long morning nap and then a shorter afternoon nap. When your DS does this does he seem happy? Is he rested enough after the short afternoon nap? If so, I'd honestly leave it as is. Some babies just do better that way and eventually move the long morning nap into the afternoon and drop the afternoon catnap.

However, if you he seems too tired/cranky in the afternoons or outright refuses the afternoon nap, then I think your plan sounds good.
Karen: Proud Mama to Marisa (8-11-05) and Matthew (6-5-09) and happily married to my best friend and love of my life since 10-13-01

Offline Florencia

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 75
  • Playin' hide n' seek
Re: Does this sound like a good plan?
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2006, 18:37:43 pm »
It sounds perfect as long as he's willing to take that afternoon nap. If he fights it he might get overtired and then night sleep might be affected. By all means, try to adjust him to a schedule that fits yours, so you're more likely to follow it and help him set his timings to that. I'd say give it a go! My only suggestion would be offering the fist nap closer to 10 am so when he eventually switches to one nap, this one is more likely to be around noon, which is the perfect timing for kiddos going to bed at 7 pm.

Good luck!
Mom to Manolo, spirited monkey and Jose Miguel, an angel cupcake