Author Topic: how much milk for a 14 month baby?  (Read 1198 times)

Offline occsbe

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: August 09, 2006, 10:04:22 am »
Hi all

Please can you give some advice on milk amounts, my daughter is 14 months and currently we are going through some challenges with meal times.

She is not a fussy eater, just can't be bothered to eat, I have to distract her with items to get food in her mouth which I think is just another phase, she has the following  200ml of milk upon waking, an hour later she has breakfast normally she eats a 1/2 bowl of porridge plus a yogurt or 1/4 slice of toast, sometimes she has a snack mid morning.  Lunchtime she has a main and a dessert but its a challenge to get her to eat it.
Tea time she often has a main meal because she doesnt eat much at lunchtime plus a dessert.
She then has 200ml of milk before bedtime.

If she having to much volume of milk?  I have read various information but just not sure.

Thanks

:)

Offline Deb_in_oz

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 615
  • personal development blogger
Re: how much milk for a 14 month baby?
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2006, 12:03:01 pm »
sounds good to me.  my 17 mo eats about the same (if not less  ::)) and drinks 150-200 ml before her nap and another 240 ml before bed. i don't think your lo is having too much milk and i think it is normal to eat less at some meals.  my older dd is a big breakfast eater and then eats less at lunch and dinner.  dd2 eats bigger meals at lunch or dinner and likes to snack often from breakfast time until her nap.  each kid is different so it helps to look at total for the day and i think  your lo sounds fine HTH  ( i also would not worry too much about "getting" her to eat lunch - if she had a good breakfast and a snack she probably only wants a small lunch...)
Debra - a New Yorker living in Australia married to a Brit

dd1 - Textbook/Angel, born July 2003
dd2 - Spritied through & through, born Feb 2005

Check out my website:   Home Life Simplified
Like my Facebook page:  https://www.facebook.com/HomeLifeSimplified