Author Topic: she is finally sleeping!  (Read 1192 times)

Offline seaflower

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« on: August 13, 2006, 09:48:34 am »
Just want to thank all of you who replied to my desperate messages last few (very long!) months, your help has been great!

DD is 13 months, and finally started to sleep through the night, can't believe I'm even typing this. She was co-sleeping and nursing, and waking up every hour until she was 10.5 months, then we moved her to her own room and stopped the night nursing, after some pickup/put down, walk in/walk out, and all other things we can think of she finally started to sleep 2, sometimes 3 hour streches, and was much quicker to settle in the evenings and for naps.

Then we went on a holiday last month and I expected the every-hour wakings to start again because of the heat (30C)... guess what, DD started sleeping through the night! Despite the heat, despite the irregular naps in the buggy, despite the lack of proper routine and varying wakeup times, despite nursing her to sleep several times and rocking her on the rare occasions when she woke up... it seems she was just ready to go a full night sleep!

I am absolutelly delighted and wanted to share our success. Not sure what worked, to be honest, considering I've tried everything with no avail for the last year, think she was just ready for it. Wishing all babies a good night sleep. xxx, S
My little princess is 2.5 :) Textbook/Angel/Spirited toddler
My little munchkin is few weeks old and doesn't understnd EASY!

Offline Kimberly®

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 126
Re: she is finally sleeping!
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2006, 09:55:45 am »
I am so glade that she's sleeping though for you  ;D You must be so proud of yourself and your LO. Good work :) Please keep us posted.
Kimberly

Offline Colin Macs Mom

• Queen B
  • Global Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 854
Re: she is finally sleeping!
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2006, 18:41:39 pm »
Seaflower, that's fantastic! I am sooo glad to hear that. I'm going to sticky this for a while as it is always good for folks to be able to see how all the hard work pays off!!  :-*
Jessica
Mom to Colin Ronald, August 18, 2005
Spirited + Reflux =  :o

Offline seaflower

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2006, 20:24:18 pm »
Thanks for your kind words!

We had few hiccups with her teething last week (four molars coming at the same time) but back on track again. Can't believe this has finally happened, only people who has been through this know the desperation at 4am when you haven't slept in a year! She has been hard to get to bed on her own last few week so have to revisit the walk in/walk out approach ;)
My little princess is 2.5 :) Textbook/Angel/Spirited toddler
My little munchkin is few weeks old and doesn't understnd EASY!