Author Topic: Baby won't fall asleep in crib for naps  (Read 998 times)

Offline JamieK

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: August 16, 2006, 19:56:31 pm »
Hi!  I am using PU/PD to try to get my 8-week old to take naps in her crib.  She sleeps through the night just fine, but will not fall asleep in her crib during the day.  The first attempt took an hour before she fell asleep.  The second took about a half hour.  So it looks like I'm on the right track!  :)  The problem is this -- we will be home tomorrow only.  Then we will be gone all day Friday.  We may be home on Saturday during nap time, but I'm not sure.  After that, we will be gone every day during nap time (Sunday through Tuesday).  Then we will be with family (away from her home and crib) the rest of next week.  On the days we won't be home, she will be in her carseat or pack and play during nap time.  My question is this - when we return home (the 26th), will I have to start over or will the baby remember what to do (ie fall asleep on her own in her crib)?  I will try PU/PD when she is sleeping in her pack and play when we're gone.  She has no trouble falling asleep in her car seat or swing, but this is the habit I'm trying to break!  Any advice that you can offer would be wonderful!!  :) 

Offline birdmommy

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Re: Baby won't fall asleep in crib for naps
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2006, 20:01:35 pm »
Glad to see I'm not the only one with this going on!  Robbie is 4 months, sleeps in his crib beautifully through the night most nights, and naps well - but he only wants to nap in his swing, in the living room.  Sometimes he will nap in his crib in his room or in the playpen in the living room, but not very often.

I've heard that babies get bored with the swing eventually - should I just count my lucky stars that he is such a good baby and wait it out, or am I setting him up for some sort of long term problem?