Author Topic: Please Help - Another 45 min Napper - Am desperate!  (Read 788 times)

Offline pipturner

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Please Help - Another 45 min Napper - Am desperate!
« on: August 23, 2006, 04:18:58 am »
Hey,
My three month old has been doing the 45 min nap thing during the day for about a month now - I realise that he has gotten himself into a pattern but how do I break it???  I am quite nervous to try wake-to-sleep as he has a dummy/pacifier and I read on one of these discussion boards that it tends not to work when the bubs is using a dummy.  I have tried going into the room at 35/40 minutes and have put my hands gently on him to stop him from jerking himself awake.  This usually gets him through to about an hour once he 'rouses' but he often wakes as soon as I leave the room - if not exactly 45 minutes later.  I am trying to get him onto a four hour feed routine but feel I am fighting a loosing battle until I can get him to beat this.  If I leave him and he does wake at 45 minutes, he is very easy to resettle, all I need to do is give him the dummy, stroke his face and then leave - he then easily settles himself back to sleep.  When I first put him to sleep he is awake and I follow the 'four s' routine when I put him down.   i would appreciate any advice.  Can anyone suggest where i go next?  I feel helpless at the moment, quite depressed infact - I am willing to try anything.  Is he overstimulated maybe - he currently starts grizzling after being awake for an hour and ten (including feed).  Should i wean him off the dummy?  If yes, then how?
Please help!!

Offline pipturner

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Re: Please Help - Another 45 min Napper - Am desperate!
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2006, 01:56:42 am »
Yes, I agree, sounds like the case.  Have just tried wake-to-sleep, the 45 minute mark has only just passed, will wait and see.
Thanks for the feedback - I guess I need to read up on how to get rid of the dummy then!
Pip