Author Topic: Just went back to work...now baby is back to not napping well.  (Read 906 times)

Offline ~Lori~

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 19
Just was wondering if I can get some advice on what to do.  I am going back to work part time (2/3 days a week).  This was my first week back.  My 15 week old DD is on a 3 1/2 EASY schedule. However, now that she is being baby-sat, her naps are ALL over the place and it throws the WHOLE EASY off.  Today she took a 1 1/2 hour nap and then a 35 minute nap...that's all!!  I brought her home and she fell fast asleep and has been sleeping for nearly 2 hours...I went over how I do naps/wind-down/4S and my baby sitter said she is following that as best as she can, but it's throwing DD's whole routine off.  I know it'll probably take some time to adjust to a new person doing this, but it's really thrown EVERYTHING out the window that we finally got under control...any tips/advice??

Lori
Mom to:

DD--Touchy, then Textbook, 2006
DS1--Spirited, 2009
DS2--Textbook, 2012
DD2--Angel, 2014

Offline Mom to M&M

• Showing Appreciation 128
  • Cool dude!
Re: Just went back to work...now baby is back to not napping well.
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2006, 15:10:19 pm »
It will likely just take some time for her to adjust. Where does she sleep? Does she have a lovey or can you bring something from her to remind her of her crib at home? Does your baby sitter swaddle her? Dim the sleep room? Use white noise?
Karen: Proud Mama to Marisa (8-11-05) and Matthew (6-5-09) and happily married to my best friend and love of my life since 10-13-01

Offline ~Lori~

• Showing Appreciation 19
Re: Just went back to work...now baby is back to not napping well.
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2006, 22:07:11 pm »
My DD sleeps at home in her crib for naps.  At my baby-sitters, she sleeps on a bed, but in the same side positioner.  My DD is half swaddled (arms are out) and the babysitter does this too.  She closes the blinds (and puts blankets over the windows) and has a fan...same as we do at home.  She has been waking up early, not fussing, but smily, but then is tired in 45 min-1 hour later. 

Lori
Mom to:

DD--Touchy, then Textbook, 2006
DS1--Spirited, 2009
DS2--Textbook, 2012
DD2--Angel, 2014