Author Topic: DD has head cold, can we go swimming?  (Read 1953 times)

Offline Fiona (Leah & Kians Mom)

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 84
DD has head cold, can we go swimming?
« on: September 13, 2006, 18:33:52 pm »
Hi There,
DD has a small head cold, runny nose and few sneezes but not too bad, on sudafed 2.5 ml 3 times a day. Tomorrow will be day 3. We have been invited swimming tom afternoon and would love for both her and me to go but not if it's going to make her worse. Its about 38 degrees here (101 F) so the pool should not be too cold and don't think she will spend much time in it as I dont swim, dh is not here, so she will be with my friend and we are going in the afternoon around 3.30 pm. Obviously if she is worse tomorrow morning I wont go . What do you think?

Offline linfran

• Showing Appreciation 149
Re: DD has head cold, can we go swimming?
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2006, 18:48:16 pm »
My lo is younger than yours but if when he's had a cold we've given swimming a miss, just to let him get on an even keel - the chlorine is a little hard for him to handle when he's got a snotty nose.

Offline mari

• Showing Appreciation 206
  • Nathan and Alex. Pearl Harbor May 2008.
    • http://marileechildcare.vpweb.co.uk/
Re: DD has head cold, can we go swimming?
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2006, 22:11:52 pm »
I dont go swimming if they have colds, coughs or anything else that may require them to be kept warm.  I am freezing after getting out of the pool until I dress and I think that it can't be good for us if we have colds.  Wrap up and ward it off with lots of cuddles and warm blankets.