Author Topic: Mouse cupboard  (Read 1114 times)

Offline JennŠ

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 513
  • Whispering since 2005. :)
Mouse cupboard
« on: September 13, 2006, 20:52:08 pm »
Hi all!!  I'm stocking a lower cupboard for Charlotte.  I'd love to hear what goodies you put in for your littles to play with.   :D
 When you're soaring through the air, I'll be your solid ground.  Take every chance you dare.  I'll still be there when you come back down.

Offline Ennypen

• Showing Appreciation 1033
  • My family x
    • my facebook
Re: Mouse cupboard
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2006, 22:45:07 pm »
Empty small plastic drinks bottles with a variety of things in.. one with dried peas... one with pasta... one with buttons.. they all make a different noise when shaken and are pretty to look at!

Pots and pans to bang on

Old magazines to look through and tear

Empty cardboard box...

Call me a cheapskate.. but Will much prefers things that are not toys to things that are!

Lol

Helen xxx

Offline Erin M

• The Sentinel
  • Global Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 521
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2006, 00:13:12 am »
Tupperware, plastic spoons, plastic cups (with or without stuff in them), cardboard tubes (paper towel or toilet paper) -- I definitely second Helen on the "toys that aren't toys" thought. 

Offline JennŠ

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2006, 00:43:41 am »
See, that's why I came to you guys.  Some of that we already have.  I just needed other ideas to go with them.   ;)
 When you're soaring through the air, I'll be your solid ground.  Take every chance you dare.  I'll still be there when you come back down.

Offline Erin M

• The Sentinel
  • Global Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 521
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2006, 00:47:48 am »
Two of Katie's other favorites are an old deck of cards in its box (she takes them out, puts them in, takes them out, puts them in -- they get nice and bent, which is why "old" is an important word there) and the game Boggle (I think you can get it really cheaply) -- she loves taking the letter cubes out and putting them back in and shaking them and carrying them all over the place (of course, I don't have to worry about her eating them anymore, they are the right size to be a choking hazard, so that is one to be careful of!)

Will keep thinking...

Offline Marisa's Mom

• Showing Appreciation 19
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2006, 04:59:57 am »
I don't really have a dedicated cupboard for DD to rummage through, however she knows which lower drawers/cabinets in the kitchen are ok for her to go through, and I make sure to keep only "safe" things in them. (I've already moved the unsafe things higher up out of reach) They will include non-toy items of course, cuz she much prefers the real thing. And sometimes the simplest "toy" is enough to keep her happy.

- empty cardboard center from roll of something (paper towels, clear wrap, etc)
- old ice cream scooper (she loves to bang this on an old pot  ::) , whatever keeps her happy)
- measuring spoons and cups
- small tupperware type containers with lids (she finally figured out how to match up the lids!  ;D )
- bottle brushes
- whisks, spatulas, wooden spoons, etc (ok, basically kitchen utensils are fair game for her)
- old prescription medicine bottles in various sizes (empty of the drugs, of course)
- misc empty bottles of various sizes (small juice, water, mouth wash, shampoo, etc)
- spoons, spoons, spoons!
- straws
- plastic or metal bowls/plates
- old pots with lids
- towels

When she's not in the mood to push me around in the kitchen  ::) , these items will keep her occupied while I try to prepare meals, wash dishes, etc.

Marie

Offline JennŠ

« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2006, 12:57:07 pm »
Add to that a water bottle with coloured water and a touch of dish soap in it.  Then I glued the top on.  Shake shake!! 

Offline Fiona (Leah & Kians Mom)

• Showing Appreciation 84
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2006, 18:51:05 pm »
All the rubbish you can think of  :D
 plastic bottles, magazines, loads of tupperware all different shapes and sizes, wooden spoons, dd has dry pasta in her bowls and spends hours cooking in the morning while I do stuff in the kitchen, dry dish washing sponge, also give teatowels for her to clean with though she likes to clean the mirrors in the hall with wipes, some regular toys and books too, crayons and notebook,  dd has 2 cupboards her cooking one and her toy one, and the toy one gets cleaned out regularly, she is a junk collector, especially magazines and take away menus.

mommasboys

« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2006, 18:58:16 pm »
We have one for dorian also. (chase also has his own)  It's nice because he knows that it's his and it keeps him out of MY cabnets.

We have alot of what everyone has already mentioned.

Hope she enjoys it. ;D