Author Topic: Ok to have one mobile in crib?  (Read 931 times)

Offline clarapist

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 2
Ok to have one mobile in crib?
« on: September 15, 2006, 21:24:37 pm »
What is the BW position on having one mobile in the crib? On the one hand, I want him to associate the crib with sleep (but this is not a problem, he is a DREAM to put down- swaddle, sing a song, and put down drowsy and he drifts off by himself).  BUT on the other hand, I want him to be able to play by himself in the crib in the morning. He LOVES looking at the mobile. 
Any thoughts?

Many thanks.
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker" border="0" width="400" height="80

Offline Ennypen

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 1033
  • My family x
    • my facebook
Re: Ok to have one mobile in crib?
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2006, 21:29:18 pm »
Personally I think a mobile is great unless it causes distraction to the baby and prevents him/her settling themselves down for sleep.

I got a gorgeous one when William was a tiny baby but I soon got rid of it from his crib when I found it totally overstimulated him at night and prevented him settling.

If it works for your baby then go for it!

(Also be careful when LOs can reach the mobile so that they dont get tangled in it or hurt themselves on it.)

H xx

Offline ryan's mum

• Showing Appreciation 374
  • North Wales U.K
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2006, 21:35:41 pm »
Ryan loved his mobile .We had one with stuffed little animals .We never used the music though .It was lovely to hear him talking away to his animals in the morning ( it gave us extra time in bed ).We pulled it down when he was able to sit up  on his own as he would try to grab the animals and pull them down
[img width= height=]http://tac.families.com/tickers/tdb.php?tid=1032165&ignore=1[/img]Ryan James 9 Nov 2003

[img width= height=]http://lafemmebonita.com/blinkies//Pregnancy%20and%20Babies/ILoveMySon.gif[/img]

son , I may have silver in my hair but you are the gold in my heart .

Offline Erin M

• The Sentinel
  • Global Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 521
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2006, 02:51:11 am »
We had a nice one too - little bears hanging from it and it was lovely to help her wind down or something to look at in the morning.  As long as its not too overstimulating for YOUR LO, you can do what works for you (don't actually know if there's an "official" BW position on it, but that's just my advice LOL).  As others have said, once your LO gets to the point of being able to reach it when sitting/standing it should be taken down to prevent choking.