Author Topic: Game ideas for a 1 year old birthday party?  (Read 5660 times)

Offline threefold_cord

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Game ideas for a 1 year old birthday party?
« on: September 21, 2006, 13:26:33 pm »
Hello,
My lo will be 1 soon ;D ;D. We are planning a birthday party. I really have no idea as to what types of games or activities to do for a 1 year old's birthday party ???. Any ideas? There will also be several children there from the ages of 2-7 so perhaps game that everyone could enjoy :-\. Not sure exactly. However I really need ideas for the little ones.

Offline kezzi78

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 5
Re: Game ideas for a 1 year old birthday party?
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2006, 19:20:04 pm »
Lthough we didnt have games at my lo first birthday, we recently went to a party and she was quite happy to join in with pass the parcel....
Amelie Grace's mum

Nikki~

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2006, 00:54:10 am »
I didn't do games at either of my kids 1st birthdays, but then, we didn't have many older kids.

One thing that might go down well would be to get some bubbles for each of the kids and the older ones can blow and the younger ones can chase them...

Or skittles? Doesn't matter if the younger ones don't wait and play the way it's meant to, but would be fun for them none the less...

Offline aj

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 3
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2006, 14:00:56 pm »
At dd's first birthday, we mainly just hung out - the kids were young and couldn't do too much interactively - organized games wouldn't have gone over very well.

This year for dd's second b-day (which is in 3 weeks), I'm having a Blue's Clues theme. I found a whole bunch of free printables online (just google "Blu'es Clues printables"), and I'm going to set up separate little play areas to cater to the different ages of the lo's (there will be another 2 year old, an 18 month old, a 4 year old, and an 8 year old attending).

So one area will be like arts and crafts, one will be playdough, one will be decorating Blue's Clues cupcakes, one will be fingerpainting, etc. I'm trying to have something for each attendees interests and age appropriateness.

HTH,
Jenn.

Offline threefold_cord

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2006, 01:23:38 am »
wow thanks for the ieas guys:) the party is this Sat. I'll let you know how it goes ;)

Offline Andys mum

• Showing Appreciation 3
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2006, 12:11:19 pm »
My MIL came up with some great ideas for Andy's party we had a mix of young bubs and older kids....cricket bat and ball, putter and golf balls (both from the cheapy shops), current release videos for the slightly older kids.....set up a corner of the room with cushions, books and toys, colouring in books and sticker books....bubbles were a hit too.  The hit of the day was a soccer ball....the dads joined in as well for a game of backyard soccer.

Good luck,
Andy's mum