Author Topic: hylands teething tablets  (Read 1348 times)

Offline legend_018

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 21
  • I love bath time!
« on: September 25, 2006, 13:26:11 pm »
I have been seeing references to hylands teething tablets in here. Is that better than the stuff you rub on there gums? Is that new or something mothers have been using for awhile now? My LO isn't showing any severe signs of teething yet "She is almost 6 months old", - however just wondering about hylands teething tablets.
How do they work? How do you give it to them?

Thanks,
Mary
Chayse was born March 28, 2006
Chaunda was born August 13, 2007

Offline Nay - Mateo's Mom

• Showing Appreciation 22
  • Spirited Angel...Ontario, Canada
Re: hylands teething tablets
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2006, 13:38:09 pm »
Hiya!

Hylands are okay. We've used them before, just dissolve them in a bit of water, and they're good. They do have lactose in them, so if you're little one is not on formula and/or has not yet had any milk, then you may want to be a bit careful. There's also a product called Camilia. These are homeopathic drops that come in single doses for LOs. We use those as we've found them to be more effective than hylands.

HTH,
Nay

Offline *Kimberly*

• Showing Appreciation 45
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2006, 16:26:31 pm »
I use both the Hylands and the Baby Orajel.  I find that the Baby Orajel works more quickly but it wears off quicker also.  I use it sometimes during meals.  I will often use the Hylands in the evenings when he gets really cranky.  Sometimes it seems like one works better and the next day it switches.  I would suggest getting both, the Orajel comes in reg. and nighttime (the nighttime is a bit stronger) and then see which one works better for your little one.

Kimberly
Brendan's Mom

Offline Erin M

• The Sentinel
  • Global Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 521
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2006, 00:31:14 am »
Hylands differ from the more drugstore-variety teething relief since they're homeopathic -- can't remember exactly what they have in them, but they have several herbs in them that help relieve pain and relax your LO.  They've been around for quite awhile.  They dissolve in your LO's mouth and the ingredients help them feel better.  Like I said, they are homeopathic, so they're regulated differently than things like Baby Orajel or Motrin/Tylenol -- doesn't mean they're bad, just different.  We haven't used them, but I know many people who swear by them.