Author Topic: Apples not digesting! Frustose Intolerant? Unexplained crying!  (Read 2206 times)

Offline Mydreamcametrue

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 59
Apples not digesting! Frustose Intolerant? Unexplained crying!
« on: October 01, 2006, 13:30:44 pm »

DS in 13 months old, since birth he has been very colicky and still is at times.  My husband and I have just think that we have a very fussy baby.  Even still, he has crying and screaming fits just out of the blue, like something is eating him up inside :(

Whenever he eats apples, he does not digest them. 

The other night before bed, he ate Gerber Freeze Dried Apples (that are supposed to melt right in your mouth).  Anyhow that morning he pooped and it was all freeze dried apples (whole).  He has done this before when I have given them to him. 

Last night he ate some real apple chunks with his dinner and this morning they came whole in his diaper.

When he ate the real apple, he would scream in between bites.

I was reading some of the threads where Marisa's Mama (Karen) mentioned to someone about a Fructose Intolerant.  I researched it a little and WOW.  Do you think he could have this? 

Maybe that would explain all the crying screaming, pain, and supposely we think he is Lactose Intolerant.  Could actually be that.   I read that you have all the symptoms of IBS. 

What do you think?  We go tom. morning for an Upper GI to see if he has reflux, would it tell us if he had any other issues?

Thanks,
Wendy
Wendy -

Zach - 3 1/2 yrs old. My sweet, loving, gentle boy that loves playing in the dirt!

Tyler - 17 months.  My very very spirited little boy.  Can't turn your back for a minute.  He is doing the cutest things now!  Loves to eat and climb!

Offline NikiJ

• Showing Appreciation 164
Re: Apples not digesting! Frustose Intolerant? Unexplained crying!
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2006, 14:35:09 pm »
Hi Wendy

I honestly don't know anything about fructose intolerance so I can't comment on that.  I do know however, that at your son's age, it is quite common for food to appear whole in the nappy.  Carrots is a common one & we also had peas and peppers here.

Offline Mom to M&M

• Showing Appreciation 128
  • Cool dude!
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2006, 18:07:17 pm »
We often see carrots in the diapers here too - once in a while apples. Fructose intolerance can only really be determined by a breath test, I believe. Does he have problems with other fruits or only apples? Could just be some food intolerances and his reflux - but you may want to look into seeing an allergist depending how things go Monday.
Karen: Proud Mama to Marisa (8-11-05) and Matthew (6-5-09) and happily married to my best friend and love of my life since 10-13-01

Offline Mydreamcametrue

• Showing Appreciation 59
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2006, 18:30:55 pm »
Hello:  I feel better knowing others see this stuff in their lo's diapers.  I also see watermelon.

We have been to an allergist:  He is allergic to Soy Protein, Dust Mites, Mold Spores and Oak Tree Pollen.

Wendy -

Zach - 3 1/2 yrs old. My sweet, loving, gentle boy that loves playing in the dirt!

Tyler - 17 months.  My very very spirited little boy.  Can't turn your back for a minute.  He is doing the cutest things now!  Loves to eat and climb!