Author Topic: Getting older and not wanting to do EASY anymore  (Read 990 times)

Offline MGardner

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 2
Getting older and not wanting to do EASY anymore
« on: October 02, 2006, 13:21:39 pm »
My ds is 6 months old and was on 4 hour easy pretty good (except at daycare 3 days a week - didn't sleep good so took multiple 30 minute naps) but at home he stayed on the routine. Lately though he is not tired at all 2 hours after waking up and he CRIES when I put him for his nap. He never cries when I put him down, just moves his head from side to side and falls asleep peacefully, but for the past week he has not wanted to go to bed and when he does he sleeps 30-40 minutes and then is wide awake. His afternoon nap starts 2 hours after he gets up and he sleeps 2.5 hours. Today I decided to just follow his cues, he got up at 6:30am and I just put him down now at 9:20am with no problems. Except that now he'll have to eat at 10:30 so the nap will be shorter if he even does sleep that long. So how do I manage this and coordinate with eating times and stay on EASY?

Offline RachelC

• Girl Scout Extraordinaire
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 865
Re: Getting older and not wanting to do EASY anymore
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2006, 13:26:55 pm »
Continue to follow his cues today.... you may end up moving towards a 4.5 hour EASY, or EAEASY.  Just listen to him!  Are you still doing the cat nap in the late afternoon? 

Proud to have breastfed for a combined total of 35 months

Offline MGardner

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2006, 14:18:12 pm »
That was dropped about 3 weeks ago. HE did it himself, I had no intention of dropping that. But for a week straight he would not sleep during it. I would leave him in the crib and he would just play - turning into fuss - turning into cry and I would just get him out as it was then time for dinner. He did this for a week until I just cut it out adn he has been doing fine making it until bedtime without getting tired/fussy. Now all of the sudden this came about. So I guess I will just follow him as he knows himself best! EASY was so good to us though and "easy" as I knew he was always fed and tired at the appropriate times. NOw it's hard if he is getting tired and hungry at hte same time!

Offline * Paula *

• Showing Appreciation 426
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2006, 18:23:36 pm »
Hi,

Can you post your current routine of E (Solids and Milk), A and S - and indicate where he is currently wanting to sleep now, and we can help you out with a new routine.

Alot of babies do want to go to 4.5 Hour Easy, although when solids are introduced, it does make EASY a little different.

Paula x
Thomas Michael - 12 July 2005
Abigail Louise - 23 October 2007

Offline yaya

• Showing Appreciation 236
  • BW Xmas mummies
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2006, 18:29:05 pm »
Just wanted to add that 6 m was a BIG milestone for us! Lots of changes etc, may be elements of developmental issues?

Offline MGardner

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2006, 18:35:26 pm »
I'll post a typical day.
7am wake and BF
8am breakfast: cereal/fruit
9:30am nap
11:30 wake and bottle (3-4 oz)
1:40p nap
3:00 wake and bottle (6-7oz)
5:00 dinner veggies
6:30 bath, final BF 7p bed
somewhere between 1am and 4am he wakes for a feed - the time is different every night.