Author Topic: All over body rash  (Read 975 times)

Offline Rubydoo

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: October 06, 2006, 08:07:25 am »
My 8mth dd came out in a rash on mon night all over her belly, i took her to the dc on tues and she didn't seem concerned about it. Since then it seems to be worse, spread to her cheeks, bahind her ears, on her back legs and arms. It is tiny red dots, slightly raised. She doesn't seem concerned with it but it def a bit grumpy but she's teething so not sure if it's just that. She's mostly happy but just a bit more sensitive than usual.
Has anyone experienced a similar rash? She's had it for 4 nights now and it's getting worse not better. She is also totally off her solids but i think that's the teeth.

Cheers

Offline Mom to M&M

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 128
  • Cool dude!
Re: All over body rash
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2006, 14:47:06 pm »
Has she recently had a virus or fever? Are you using any different detergents? Had she had any new foods prior to the rash? Seems extreme for a teething rash...
Karen: Proud Mama to Marisa (8-11-05) and Matthew (6-5-09) and happily married to my best friend and love of my life since 10-13-01

Offline Rubydoo

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2006, 20:47:03 pm »
She had a fever on wed night but the rash came on mon night, unless she had a fever earlier and we didn't notice. She did try mandarin for the first time on mon and the rash brke out just after that which i thought was the cause but she had no more mandarin or new food and the rash has got worse. How long can a food reaction last?

Offline BlessedKylie

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 5
Re: All over body rash
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2006, 13:34:30 pm »
My DD broke out with an all over body rash at 12 weeks that sounds exactly like yours. We initially thought it was a berry allergy (through my BM), but elimination did not make it get better. After a month, it got slightly better, but never went away (and sometimes got worse), a different ped in my dr's office gave us a solution called Grier's Goo. I have no idea what is in it, and I can't find it online, but it works like a champ.

He basically said she has an allergy that is giving her eczema. The Goo helps get rid of it, but we are still working on finding the culprit - right now we are thinking milk and soy, but it's so hard to determine based on bm. Since it doesn't bother her too much, we are not too worried about it, but plan to be extra vigilant when we start solids.