Author Topic: Move naps earlier???  (Read 882 times)

Offline Carmela's Mom

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 9
« on: October 14, 2006, 17:44:55 pm »
The 8:30 bedtime is working GREAT for the most part.  She sleeps until 7:30 most mornings!!!!!  It's heaven.  Now I don't know if she wakes at all in the night because I have a white noise machine and my son's monitor on so she may wake up and go back to sleep for all I know (but I do know she's not screaming or crying because I'd hear that).  Success feels GREAT after 27 months of issues.

Anyway, about 6 months ago, Carmela was stopping to nap.  I figured out I wasn't being routine enough and started putting her to nap at noon every single day.  It worked and I got her napping 1.5 hours again. 

Well then with the baby, he takes his second nap at 1:00 so I put her in at 1:00.  I am not sure if its too late or what.  She wakes at 7-7:30 (sometimes even 8:00) so really I dont think it should be, but should I give up with the two of them napping at the same time and move her nap time earlier????  It's so hard to get out of the house at all if I don't get them to take a nap together!

HELP :)

Offline Fiona (Leah & Kians Mom)

• Showing Appreciation 84
Re: Move naps earlier???
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2006, 18:20:49 pm »
Why do you think you should move it? If it's working then great, I would leave it the way it is unless you want her to have an earlier bedtime? then you could move it foward but she might not sleep before 1 anyway. I think it's fantastic you have them both napping at the same time and you get some you time.

Offline Carmela's Mom

• Showing Appreciation 9
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2006, 19:44:39 pm »
the problem is that now she's not napping and I'm wonddering if she's starting to outgrow them OR if I'm putting her in too late so she's overtired.