Author Topic: 7mth LO refusing bottle during the day  (Read 788 times)

Offline hawkeye1315

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« on: November 06, 2006, 19:18:03 pm »
My DS is showing signs of refusing the bottle during the day after downing 3oz.  Instead, he prefers to take his milk from a cup and will take an additional 3oz from a cup after pushing the bottle away.  I've tried a sippy cup, but he pushes it away and wants to drink from a cup instead.  This happens only at lunch.  He happily takes his bottle at breakfast and dinner.  Is it time to transition off a bottle?  Do I jump immediately to a cup?  As I mentioned, he does not readily take a sippy cup, are there any other type of cups (i.e. perhaps those with straws) that might work better?  He seems to enjoy slurping up the milk. 

My 7mth DS eats 3x/day.  Here are his usual quantities:
Breakfast: 9oz from bottle + 3tbsp cereal with 2oz of formula
Lunch 3oz from bottle + takes an additional 3oz from cup + 3tbsp solids (vegs, and some protein)
Dinner 9oz from bottle + 2 tbsp cereal with 1oz of formula + 3tbsp solids (vegs and some protein)

Thanks in advance!

Offline * Paula *

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 426
Re: 7mth LO refusing bottle during the day
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2006, 20:14:42 pm »
If your lo is wanting to take his formula from a cup at lunch time, I say go ahead.  You could try introducing a straw cup to see how your lo goes, if he does not take it then I would not worry.

It is great news that he is showing interest in a cup, as it will make it so much easier to wean when you are ready for him to come off bottles.

HTH

Paula x
Thomas Michael - 12 July 2005
Abigail Louise - 23 October 2007