Author Topic: trying different textures  (Read 734 times)

Offline jadesmommy

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: November 08, 2006, 22:01:49 pm »
I give my 7.5 month old dd  baby fruit and vegg which is obviously strained and purred but I have tried to make it a little chunkier and she just gags and vomits Is it that she is too young or can't handle it yet and how long to remain with such thinned smmoth diet. She also doesn't take any purreded meats.  some kids I read are eating crackers cherios and my dd is still on thin mush Anyone else like thisAdvice please

Offline *Natasha*

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 223
Re: trying different textures
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2006, 22:58:48 pm »
My DD didn't start with chunkier food until around 10months. She also wasn't that keen on meat either. All i did was keep offering and evntually when she got more teeth she was happy eating chunky food even meat.

Natasha proud Mum to:

My big princess Catherine 7/8/05
My little princess Mirelle 17/10/07

Offline MackMum

• Our little family
  • BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 4
Re: trying different textures
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2006, 07:53:06 am »
My DS is the same! He's 7months and really can't handle much at all in the way of texture. I've started giving him home-made porridge from oats that I chopped in the blender till they were fine and then cooked up. The resulting porridge is finely lumpy but the lumps are soft. It's a handy way to get him to take texture without having him gag (I HATE it when one little lump from something is enough to make him gag and bring up the ENTIRE contents of his stomach  ::)). We are very slow getting started with solids - we've been at it for over a month and he's just not interested so I guess he hasn't had much practice with textures either. Friends with babies the same age are already feeding their LOs bananas etc broken into little peices, not even mashed - I've just had to tell myself that DS will get there in time but not soon!
Anna