Author Topic: silly question on 3 hour EASY!  (Read 909 times)

Offline Jodieplus2

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 2
silly question on 3 hour EASY!
« on: November 11, 2006, 11:31:27 am »
We are usually on about a 3hour EASY with my 14 week old, but sometimes it is only 2.5hours if his activity or sleep are less. Do I still feed as soon as he wakes after the 2.5hours? Or if I know he can go to 3 hours, do I wait to feed 1/2 hour into his activity?  :-[
But then that will muck up the next 3 hours EASY won't it? ???

Finally, what age do they start to stretch to longer EASY? Is 3 hours noirmal for a 14 week old?

Thanks
Jx

Offline yaya

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 236
  • BW Xmas mummies
Re: silly question on 3 hour EASY!
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2006, 11:41:38 am »
hiya, I would stick to ur 3 hrs feeds if thats what ur LO can handle, about 4 mo they tend to change to 4 hr EASY but all babies differ. My DS fed every 3 3.5hrs till he was on solids!

Offline Mamalou

• Showing Appreciation 17
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2006, 11:44:03 am »
Hi. I'm no expert, but thought I could help.  If Lo wakes early and he isn't hungry yet, then I would definitely wait til the feeding 'time'.  If the nap is too short and you've tried extending and Lo just won't sleep more, then have a quiet A time before the feed.
What I do is keep the feeding on time, and try to keep the other stuff too, but it's life so sometimes it doesn't work.  Just count awake time. For example if he woke at 1030 and is due for a 1100 feed, I'd have A time but the next nap would be 30  min earlier than normal (or less if he shows tired signs earlier)

And as for the 'stretching to 4 hour Easy' I think we started the switch when LO was 3.5 months old.  Everyone is different, but if you're having trouble with shorter naps, that could be it. If you look in FAQ on the EASY board it has the 'guidelines' for switching over.
Good luck
Kristi

Offline Jodieplus2

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2006, 10:27:42 am »
Many thanks. So I take it that feeding him every 3 hours will ensure he has a good feed, rather than at 2.5hours (if he woke up 1/2hour early), when he wouldn't feed as well?

& if he does wake early & you recommend to keep his a time quiet until feeding, does this also ensure that he feeds well, is calm & isn't as distracted then?

Thanks
Jx :D

Offline Jodieplus2

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2006, 11:00:35 am »
sorry, another question- would I wake him to feed at 3hours? Sometimes he sleeps up to 2 hours in his naps- do I wake him after 2.5hours or let him sleep?
Thanks
Jx

Offline yaya

• Showing Appreciation 236
  • BW Xmas mummies
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2006, 19:58:35 pm »
hey, sorry its taken me ages to get back to u, been super busy.
what r ur Qs on the 3 hr EASY? u should wake to feed at the feeding time even if hes napping and yes if he stretches 3 hrs then he'll take a good feed