Author Topic: Soy formula to Whole Milk??  (Read 1202 times)

Offline Maggie and Nathan's Mommy

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 3
  • WITH FREEDOM COMES RESPONSIBILITY
Soy formula to Whole Milk??
« on: November 16, 2006, 01:15:08 am »
Has anyone had luck going from soy formula to whole milk at 12 months??  Nathan would spit up alot when we tried to go back to regular formula at 5 months.  We have not tried again.  Should I try the milk formula again or wait till 12 months and try whole milk??  If he cannot drink the regular formula is there a chance he can tolerate whole milk at 12 months?? 
TARA

Maggie  06/18/02

Nathan   01/30/06

Offline TDR'smom

• Bottle Feeding
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 184
Re: Soy formula to Whole Milk??
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2006, 01:21:44 am »
Tyler also had trouble with regular formula (Similac Advance).  Gassy, fussy, spit up etc.  So at 6 months we finally switched him to Isomil which is soy based.  Once he turned a year we gave him Lactaid Milk (both DH and I are lactose intolerant). 

Once or twice we have given him regular whole milk just to test and he was extremely fussy those days so I do not dare try again.

Not sure if this info helped.....

But I think if Nathan had trouble with regular formula there is a pretty good chance regular milk might give him trouble too. 
Judy

Offline mattandcindy

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 18
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2006, 01:28:56 am »
Abigail also had a lot of gassiness, spit up, etc with Similac Advance as well as gastric reflux. We switched her to Isomil at 5 weeks of age. We tried periodically to switch her back to Similac Advance and she would always get more refluxy. At 12 months our pediatric GI doctor recommended we start her on whole milk and to switch her to soy or lactaid if she was intolerant. We went cold turkey to whole milk and she did fine. They also did a blood test to make sure she wasn't allergic to milk recently and she wasn't.
Cindy