Author Topic: help please to start EASY  (Read 1279 times)

Offline deemani

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
help please to start EASY
« on: November 17, 2006, 13:54:54 pm »
Hi,

Could anyone offer me advise on how to start my 9 month on an EASY routine, at the moment he has no routine what so ever, every day is completely different, he doesn't sleep well and up every 2 hours, lately he's been wanting to fully wake at 5 a.m.

Thanks

Dee

Offline NikiJ

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 164
Re: help please to start EASY
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2006, 21:27:42 pm »
Hi Dee

Heres a link to sample E.A.S.Y routines for your ds age group.

Have a quick look through.  You'll notice that they are all (mostly) the same except they start at different times.  It will help you figure out a good routine for your ds. 

https://babywhispererforums.com/index.php?topic=10386.0

It will take both you & ds a little while to get used to the routine but it should start helping with sleep issues as well because ds will know whats coming next.

Have a look at the pick-up/put-down thread aswell.  It will help you with teaching ds how to sleep independantly.

Hope it helps.

Let us know how you get on.

Niki

Offline * Paula *

• Showing Appreciation 426
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2006, 21:44:40 pm »
Thomas Michael - 12 July 2005
Abigail Louise - 23 October 2007

Offline deemani

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2006, 10:32:54 am »
Hi Nikki & Paula,

Thanks alot both for the links, they were very usefull.

Well I started Tyler on his routine yesterday and it went fairly o.k, not as bad as i expected, he really doesn't like sleeping, he's not taking to his 1st and 2nd nap's at all, he prefers just 1/2 hr, yesterday I kept trying the PU/PD but he just kept getting nack up again full of beans, I was exhausted after 30 mins of that, then I though it was hardly worth pursuing. Last night wasn't as bad as usual either, he was settled in his bed for 1845, he first woke up at around 2300, had a little moan but after a cuddle went back down, he woke several times where I managed to just pat him back to sleep in his cot, he did wake at 0330 screaming, which lasted 1/2 hour, usually I give in and give him milk but he just had 1 1/2 oz's water and went back down til 0600. I know I have to stop giving him water, but i've not long stopped his nightly feeds, and laste night he just had the one sip of water, so I think there's some progress.

Anyway I've written my proposed routine below:

0600 wake and milk
then play
0800 sleep
1000 wake and breakfast
play
1200 sleep
1400 wake and lunch
play
1600 - 1700 sleep
1700 wake and eat dinner
1800 bath
1830 milk and bedtime...

He seems to like all except the 1st 2 sleeps, he only wants 30 - 45 mins, but the rest was pretty much to the minute..

Let me know what you think, should I try to get him to sleep more, if so, please advise on how to do that or should I just get used to the fact that he is not a sleepy baby and work out an alternative routine...

Thanks in advance

Dee...

Offline *Mona*

• Showing Appreciation 144
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2006, 11:07:04 am »
hi there.
is he already tired at 8am after only 2 hrs of activity? maybe if you could keep him up a bit longer he would nap more for you than just 30-45 minutes?
I think for a 9 month old LO A time should be longer than 2 hrs only. my 7 month old is doing 3~3,5 hrs already.

what if you tried 2 naps a day instead of 3? maybe he'll nap longer than. at least in the morning.

don't worry too much about offering water at night- better to give water than feed and create/maintain bad eating habits.

:)
~Monika~

Maja - 6 yrs
Nina - 27.11.2012 :)

Offline deemani

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2006, 11:21:20 am »
hiya,

yeah this morning at 7.45 he was really sleepy, by 8 he was past out also yesterday at 12 he was tired, but again only wanted 45 mins. because he doesn't get a full nights sleep, he's always waking i think he's just too tired to play longer, but then after a little nap he's revived again, although yesterday he slept at 1600 and woke happy at 1700, so i'm happy he had a full hour, it all depends on his activity, if we're out and he's in his buggy sometimes he can last many hours before getting sleepy, but when we're home and he's playing in his gym or with his toys, he tires after a couple of hours.

thanks for the water advise, i'm just worried now that he won't sleep through as he know's he'll get water, but saying that we live in the canary islands and it does get very warm at night, i myself drink lots during the night, maybe he's just like his mommy...