Author Topic: Need nap routine ideas!  (Read 1224 times)

Offline leahwlfe

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: December 15, 2006, 20:24:49 pm »
My daughter is not taking her naps well at all. She is becoming overtired and cranky. I need some ideas on how to wind her down after the A and get ready for napping. She is 3 months old now and we have really just started the EASY.

Offline *Natasha*

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 223
Re: Need nap routine ideas!
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2006, 21:43:23 pm »
Check out this link in the FAQS section on how to wind down your DD.

https://babywhispererforums.com/index.php?topic=64277.0

Natasha proud Mum to:

My big princess Catherine 7/8/05
My little princess Mirelle 17/10/07

Offline Southernbelle

• Showing Appreciation 20
  • Mom to three beautiful kids!
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2006, 01:09:52 am »
With my los we always went into their bedrooms, turned on the sound machine, changed diaper and sat in the rocking chair for a few minutes.  When I started to see their eyes closing I would lay them down.  Now they are older (3yrs and 9mos) and with my baby we just walk in, turn on the white noise give her blankie and lay her down.  It took a long while to get to that point though.  Whatever you decide to do....it doesn't have to be long or fancy.  Just do it constistently each time.  GL. Let us know how it goes.
5 yrs, 3 yrs, 7 months

Offline KathrynK

• spends far too much time on here
  • Showing Appreciation 171
Re: Need nap routine ideas!
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2006, 08:19:25 am »
I walk slowly up the stairs with lo in my arms and tell her "it's time for a nice long nap and when you wake up you'll feel all better" as I read in Tracey's book they respond to the same words for sleepy cues. Then in her room I lay her on the changing table and pull the curtains so it's nice and dark (as soon as I do this she rubs her eyes!) and change her nappy. Then we have a cuddle for a few minutes while I shush her and tell her again it's nap time. Then I lay her down in her grobag and leave the room.
I started doing this when dd was about 4 months and wish I had done it sooner as having a set nap routine helped her to settle so much easier. We had always had a bedtime routine, I have no idea why I never thought before to do the same with naps! duh.
Whatever you decide to do, remember it takes a while before it sinks in for dd so as pp said, be consistent.
]