Author Topic: cont. nite wakes for 7 mth old  (Read 8277 times)

Offline Colin Macs Mom

• Queen B
  • Global Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 854
Re: cont. nite wakes for 7 mth old
« Reply #45 on: January 23, 2007, 21:13:11 pm »
I wouldn't pick her up. Soothe her in the crib whenever possible. That way you avoid giving her the wrong idea, like she's getting up or going to bed with you, KWIM? Just keep at the resettling and she'll get the idea. Of course just be sure she's not hungry, dirty, etc.
Jessica
Mom to Colin Ronald, August 18, 2005
Spirited + Reflux =  :o

Offline saree's mom

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 3
« Reply #46 on: January 25, 2007, 20:11:45 pm »
Aright, so here is how it went down last nite.

Put her to bed at 7:45 (late 2nd nap...i should mention she gave a hard time going to sleep by both her naps)

At 10:45 she started crying, started off kinda mantra so i left her, then it was on and off so i still didnt go in, when it started getting a little hysterical which was 35 min after she woke up i went in. i reassured her without pcking her up and after a few min she started to relax, she put her head down to go to sleep BUT SLEEP NEVER CAME!!
I watched her struggle to fall back asleep for ONE HOUR (is this normal?? im thinking of taking her to the dr, maybe check her wars  ???)
After an hr she started getting really frustrated (NOT THAT I BLAME HER) I left her for a few minutes to see if that would do anything, she got hysterical. At that point DH went to her and had to lay down with her she started calming down but then some commotion outside (i hate brooklyn) startled her and she went crazy again. he brought her to our room and when he layed her down in our bed she got hysterical so i picked her up to calm her down, she was getting a little crazy (overtired perhaps? duh) she was trying to settle down but couldnt after all that i finally BF her a little after that it tokk another 15 or so minutes but she finally went to sleep. Wanna know what time that was???? TWO A.M.!!!!!!!!!
You would think she would sleep a little late after being awake for over 3 hrs in the mis of the nite, but no, up at 6 AM ready to face the day (i know i sure as hell wasn't ready) She didnt go back to sleep till 7:45 (BF her at 7ish) woke up 8:45. Back to sleep 11:30-12:40, back to sleep at 1:40-2:30. 2:30 started crying nanny was gonna try to get her back to sleep bec she was crying. Im quite sure these little naps are due to major overtiredness. Im thinking i should get her to bed nice and early tonite, no?

Help, any insight? Im pulling my hair out!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Colin Macs Mom

• Queen B
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #47 on: January 25, 2007, 20:49:31 pm »
 :-\   Could she be teething? Tummy upset? Anything else physical?
Jessica

Offline saree's mom

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 3
« Reply #48 on: January 25, 2007, 21:06:44 pm »
Teething maybe  :-\ Not that i can feel though, however i did give her tylenol and orajel before bed because she was just not like herself yest, whining alot.
Anything else i dont know, i was thinking to check her ears to rule that out however my dr has emergency hrs only tomm bet 11-12.
Wait can we re-read that? Set emergency hrs? or hour rather, not today but tomm.  ???  ::)

Offline saree's mom

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 3
« Reply #49 on: January 26, 2007, 02:14:40 am »
I spok to my dr, he said if she doesnt have fever, it cant be her ears bothering her. He said it has to be her teeth. This is so hard! How many teeth do they get????
I gave her tylenol and orajel again before bed, i feel like im drugging her :(
She napped terribly today - Four 40 minute naps.
What happened to her week of sleeping thru the nite, that was such a tease!!!! Was she showing what im never going to have??
Sorry guys just venting

Btw what happened to aeri is abby sleeping thru the nite?? Oooh that would be amazing for her!! I checked the other thread and she wasnt mentioning abbys nites....

btw, hows the digging going with colin  ::)
can i borrow the shovel when your done with it?

Offline saree's mom

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 3
« Reply #50 on: January 26, 2007, 02:32:37 am »
I wanted to mention, i'm suspecting she is not drinking enough oz.'s. How do i figure out how much she needs expecially with the BFing? Should i post on the BF board??
Her 2 bottles she had with nanny today was 5 oz. and 6 oz., her BFing is often not even 10 minutes, i was happy after BFing before bed i got her to drink 4 oz. formula, you have mentioned that this can be due to teething, but how can i be sure? i cant, right? Man, this teething wreaks havoc!
Btw i wanted to mention as of jan 3, she weighed 16 lbs.
Am i being completely neurotic?

Offline abbysmomma

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 26
« Reply #51 on: January 26, 2007, 16:26:31 pm »
Hey Rachel!

No, Abby isn't sleeping through the night, but I feel like we're getting pretty close. On a good night, I feed her once and she wakes up once to be soothed. All other time she soothes herself back to sleep. And this morning she woke up at 8am!!! Yay! I'm also reducing the number of minutes she feeds. Tonight will be 5 minutes. Had to start this over because of growth spurt. Anyways, sorry to hear about the teeth. There are nights when Abby for some reason is a terrible sleeper, and I don't know what's wrong. I just dose her up and chalk it to teething/developmental/etc. My husband thinks I'm crazy. And yes, you're neurotic, but it comes with the job  ;D  I was complaining to my SIL that I obsess over her sleeping/eating/awake times too much. I need to relax, which is why I was trying not to post too much about Abby. But still interesting to read what's going on with other folks! Thanks for asking for the update! We're getting sooo close. :)

Offline Colin Macs Mom

• Queen B
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #52 on: January 26, 2007, 16:31:01 pm »
Rachel you might want to post on the BF board.  :-\   I know it's hard to tell how much LO is really eating when you're BFing.

Still waiting on those blankety-blank teeth.  >:(
Jessica

Offline saree's mom

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 3
« Reply #53 on: January 29, 2007, 04:23:20 am »
Ok so thankfully she is bfing better the past few days, so we will see what happens.

I dont know y on some nites she sleeps beautifully and others she wakesz up and doesnt go back to sleep, i guess i have to take a closer look at her naps on those days and see if there is anything diff, its crazy when she wakes up i can not for the life of me get her back to sleep. Im pulling my hair out!  :-[

Offline Colin Macs Mom

• Queen B
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #54 on: January 29, 2007, 04:27:01 am »
What sort of environment do you live in? Could there be a noise or something that's disturbing her? Does she have gas?
Jessica

Offline magda1461

• Showing Appreciation 18
  • The two Angels that where sent to me
« Reply #55 on: January 29, 2007, 09:36:12 am »
hi!
hugs to you...the last week DD has pretty much had the same nw's as you LO!
Im putting it down to teething! she hasnt got  any yet BUT she has very lumpy gums poor thing.
im just waiting it out hoping things will get better!
i think thats all we really can do after of course giving her some pain relief whether it be gel or panadol.
the only other thing i can suggest is PUPD. which i had started to eliminate all my nws about 3 weeks ago. so far so good she doesnt want the bottle even after i have in vain offered it to her the other night!

Offline saree's mom

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 3
« Reply #56 on: January 30, 2007, 20:50:55 pm »
Jessica, i live in Brooklyn  ::)
What have you heard about this lovely place?
We have car alarms going off, people talking loud outside, and i live in good neighborhood its just that i am in a coop, so there are people coming and going in front of the building.
I was thinking of a noisemaker, but then thought it may just be another prop, she is such a lite sleeper, i want that to change (can it?) so i dont want to block all that noise out butttttttt interesting breakthru i posted on the props board a question abt her paci and i think its become a prop and they are saying that it can cause nws, so thats another prob to deal with, i dont think im ready to battle the removal of the paci.
And if aeri is still finding entertainment (just joking :P) reading abt all my nuerotic complaints and sees this, dont think i forgot that you diagnosed this prob ages ago, u mentioned that saree's paci is prob causing nws
In any event the noise can def be causing problems as well as the paci, so where does that leave me? Needing to relocate and looking at a few weeks of hell??
Hehe, i dont know what i would do without this website, who else would read this and still think im normal  ;D

Offline Colin Macs Mom

• Queen B
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #57 on: January 30, 2007, 21:46:36 pm »
LOL Rachel, I bet that the noise has a lot to do with it. Have you tried a fan or some other sort of white noise? That might help a lot.
Jessica

Offline saree's mom

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 3
« Reply #58 on: January 31, 2007, 16:03:38 pm »
i guess ill just get a white noise machine, it has all that kinda stuff, i heard they have them with a heartbeat sound like the womb, i tought that was so cool for newborns.
So now i have to get a humidifier and white noise machine. I wonder if there are enuf outlets in her room. :P

I think the humidifier would prob make enuf white noise, Hey hey two in one! I gotta pick up that machine!
Thanks jessica!
FYI, she was awesome last nite, went to sleep beautifully at 7:30 till 7:30 (that was when i heard her whining, prob was playing a lil before) yay!!!!

Offline Colin Macs Mom

• Queen B
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #59 on: January 31, 2007, 16:58:51 pm »
That's great Rachel!! But give the white noise a try, I bet it will really help.
Jessica