Author Topic: cont. nite wakes for 7 mth old  (Read 8276 times)

Offline saree's mom

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 3
« Reply #60 on: February 01, 2007, 18:39:21 pm »
She woke up last nite at 3 am and i was too tired to do anything but tuck her into my bed, was too tired/lazy  :P

I must get the humidifier for her room, hopefully this weekend...
If its not the noise, then I have to figure out why some nites she is great and others not so well. Im starting to suspect a growthspurt she keeps wanting more and more solids... If i gave her bottle at 12 and food at 1ish and after food she is still hungry, do i keep giving more food or perhaps try more milk? Obvioulsy that would screw up her schedule but how much solids can i give, she really eats alot!

Offline Colin Macs Mom

• Queen B
  • Global Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 854
Re: cont. nite wakes for 7 mth old
« Reply #61 on: February 01, 2007, 18:41:04 pm »
Some LOs have no trouble with solids but others.... I would suggest offering more slowly so that her system doesn't go wacko. SHE might want it, but her gut might have other ideas! Besides she still needs to be getting her nutrients from formula or breastmilk rather than solids.
Jessica
Mom to Colin Ronald, August 18, 2005
Spirited + Reflux =  :o

Offline saree's mom

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 3
« Reply #62 on: February 02, 2007, 03:16:34 am »
Yeah, i hear what your saying. My nanny called me today to tell me she wanted more food after she ate alot, i suggested just a little more, but she told me she ended up not wanting. However when i looked at her "nannilog" i saw that saree had only 6 oz.'s by both bottles. I think she should be drinking more, but she isn't, and i dont knpw how to get her to take more other than perhaps trying to get her to take another 2 oz.'s maybe 20-30 min later, any ideas?

Where would i be able to see average amount of solid and liquid intake at this age?

Offline Colin Macs Mom

• Queen B
  • Global Moderator
« Last Edit: February 02, 2007, 03:27:24 am by Colin Mac's Mom »
Jessica

Offline saree's mom

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 3
« Reply #64 on: February 05, 2007, 18:13:56 pm »
Thanks so much for that, I see you got a new moderator to help you out, that should make things easier.
Hows colin doing? I think saree has a new bump, here goes. DH says he sees something going on on top. I thought both bottoms come on first. Whatever, teeth are teeth.
Im still amazed by this website, its so cool. I dont know if this is a nosy question, if so i apologize. But how do you know enough about this stuff that you became a moderator? How does the whole process work?

Btw to keep with the topic  8)
Saree gave me a hard time falling asleep, went in to BF a little more, a few min and a couple of bites (ouch!) later i put her down and went to sleep beautifully till morning.
Yay!!  :-*

Offline Colin Macs Mom

• Queen B
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #65 on: February 05, 2007, 18:24:44 pm »
Oh my GAWD do I hate teeth Rachel!! Finally one of the lowers came through this weekend so that's good but he's got 4 or maybe even more to follow.  :-\   So sleep has gone to pot lately but at least I know why! If it makes you feel any better Colin got the upper two fronts first. Then the two front lowers, then the two other uppers. Totally backwards, but he does everything that way! ::)

That's great though that Saree slept so well, I hope that all the work is paying off now.  ;)

Quote from: saree's mom
Im still amazed by this website, its so cool. I dont know if this is a nosy question, if so i apologize. But how do you know enough about this stuff that you became a moderator? How does the whole process work?

Not nosy at all! Being a moderator is more about monitoring the content of your forum and knowing what's there rather than being able to answer posts. Plus making sure that posts get answered, even if you just offer support but don't know how to answer the question. So we are asked to commit to checking in every day and also to be able to be a mod for three months. We do changeups every 3 months so it's hard on Laura to have to fill spots in between. If you're ever interested in moderating, just watch for Laura's announcements (usually in the Lounge I think...) of what spots are open. Generally you need to be active in the forum you want to moderate - it wouldn't make a lot of sense to put a mod in the EASY forum who never posts in there, KWIM?
Jessica

Offline saree's mom

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 3
« Reply #66 on: February 05, 2007, 20:09:48 pm »
Hmm, i think i got it. So you are quite actively involved in the nws forum regardless of the fact that ur a moderator.  ;)

Offline Colin Macs Mom

• Queen B
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #67 on: February 05, 2007, 20:56:21 pm »
hehe yeah. I was on bed rest for 6 weeks before Colin was born so I did a LOT of reading, especially about sleep. So then Colin was born and had terrible reflux so sleeping just didn't happen.  :-\   I was here an awful lot!
Jessica

Offline saree's mom

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 3
« Reply #68 on: February 06, 2007, 02:18:17 am »
Wow!
I forget how lucky i am that i had such an easy pregnancy and labor. I have a friend who has been trying to conceive for several yrs and now that she has, she's been on strict bedrest for the first half of the pregnancy. And for the second half she has to be on bedrest in a hospital! She will be there till April, i cant imagine how hard that must be.

Its funny i always thought moderators were all experienced...but i suppose its both that and just knowing where to find the right info to help ppl.

I think i need to borrow colin's shovel, saree has some bumps on top, and she has started biting me! I dont know what to do, i try not to jump so that she wont think its funny. I just unlatch and say no. But crap that hurts!  :P

It would be a pity to stop BFing bec of biting, but.... :o

I still cant figure out how to get saree to go forward on her tummy.... Lazy girlie  ::) I put a toy in front of her out of her reach and she tries to reach for it and when she cants she just gives up and finds something else to occupy her with!  ::)

Offline Colin Macs Mom

• Queen B
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #69 on: February 06, 2007, 18:34:54 pm »
Yeah, bedrest is absolutely no fun. I was very lucky that I didn't have to do it in the hospital, but it was tough to be at home and have all these things I would have loved to have been doing, but had to just lay there  :P  I'm not at all a sedentary person, I have a hard time sitting still so it was just hard.

I guess mods are experienced - I mean, you have to know something about the topic  ;)  But it's not like anyone has to be an expert. It's more about knowing what's posted and keeping things on the up and up.

Have you looked in the Bfing forum about the biting? I know there have been some threads about what to do with that.
Jessica

Offline saree's mom

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 3
« Reply #70 on: February 06, 2007, 20:26:45 pm »
Good idea ill go check it out!

Offline saree's mom

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 3
« Reply #71 on: February 12, 2007, 21:18:03 pm »
Just when things are working out, schedule needs tweaking. (arghhhhhh)  ::)

Naps are becoming a nightmare.
Saree got her second tooth! How are colins? Any come in?

Offline Colin Macs Mom

• Queen B
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #72 on: February 12, 2007, 21:21:24 pm »
Still just the one on the bottom that came through a couple weeks ago.... but both the upper incisors are THISCLOSE.

What's going on with your routine?
Jessica

Offline saree's mom

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 3
« Reply #73 on: February 12, 2007, 21:53:16 pm »
She wont take a nap with me unless i lay down with her. Nanny im not sure what she does, she says patting, not sure. But when i do naps on weekend doesnt happen, she plays in crib till she gets bored, then whines... ppl mentioned lengthen A time, but that didnt really work today.

Offline Colin Macs Mom

• Queen B
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #74 on: February 12, 2007, 21:56:48 pm »
You know... I hate to go there.... but I've wondered if your nanny actually does what she tells you she does, KWIM? A lot of the problems that you've had usually result from being inconsistent.  :-\   Don't take this the wrong way or anything but it might be worth verifying somehow that what you think is happening when you aren't there is actually what's happening.
Jessica