Author Topic: drop a feed? 13 mo old  (Read 742 times)

Offline x95stocchier

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 12
drop a feed? 13 mo old
« on: January 15, 2007, 20:18:18 pm »
DS is 13 mo old and is on 3 feeds---first thing in AM, last thing at night, and 1 after his PM nap (2:30 ish).  Lately he has been only mildly interested in that mid-day feeding.  once in a while he eats a lot, and occasionally refuses all together.  Most of the time it's 3 or 4 minutes on one side and he's done---ready to get on with life. 

Should I just drop it all together?  I'm not really sure if that's what he's trying to tell me or not.  If so, do I need to make sure he's getting a certain amt of cows milk?  he does get an afternoon snack, which he eats pretty well.  I give him a sippy of milk at that snack, and he usually drinks 2 oz at most.   Maybe the timing of the mid-day feed should be re-arranged?  He's just ready to get up and play after the nap ??   Experiences? Thoughts?

Thanks!
Sarah
Sarah

Offline * Paula *

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 426
Re: drop a feed? 13 mo old
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2007, 20:25:15 pm »
Our DS dropped his 2:30 feed at around 10 months old.  He too was not showing much interest in it. Some days he would take some and some days he would completely refuse it.

We went cold turkey and replaced his milk feed with a yogurt, and have not looked back since.  At 18 months he is still happy with this routine.

HTH's
Thomas Michael - 12 July 2005
Abigail Louise - 23 October 2007