Author Topic: What am I doing wrong?  (Read 962 times)

Offline R TULLOCH

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 3
« on: January 25, 2007, 18:44:34 pm »
My LO is 10 months, her routine is posted below, the problem we have is she wakes too early, and wants to go to bed really early, we have taken into account that babies have natural body clocks etc... etc..... but something isnt right in the afternoon / evening as she is always crying and whinging and over tired at bed time to the point of it driving us all mad, she dropped her cat nap about 2 months ago and goes absolutely mental if we try to  get her to chill for a bit,

WAKE 0500  :(
BOTTLE 0600
BREAKFAST 0700
NAP 0815-0830 - 1 - 1 1/2 HOURS

BOTTLE 10.00
LUNCH 11.30
NAP 1230  1 - 1 1/2 HOURS SOMETIMES 2 HOURS

1400 BOTTLE
1630 DINNER
1815 BOTTLE/BED usually asleep by 1830)

The bottle times and solid food times have pretty much been dictated by her, at her last bottle at 1815pm she is exhausted and pretty much passes out when we put her in her cot, the evening is such a struggle, really hard work - is this a temporary thing or am I doing something wrong that I cant work out? ::)

Offline yaya

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 236
  • BW Xmas mummies
Re: What am I doing wrong?
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2007, 19:17:14 pm »
Hi there, I dont know if this will apply to you but my LO was transition to one nap at this age, i know its early and we didnt actually switch to one till 13 mos but i started to cut back the am nap at 10mos. I think u could start limiting it as 1.5 hrs is a bit long at this age, as it takes away from nightsleep causign early waking. Try reducing to 1 hr from 1.5 then to 45 mins and so on and see how that goes. I would also push the pm nap back a little bit tillu start reducing the am one as it looks liek shes only getting 2.5 hrs A time before her second nap so maybe she could do with a later one, only 10 misn or so.
this should make bedtime later too.

Offline momofclaire

• Showing Appreciation 130
  • No, I want to marry daddy!
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2007, 20:15:54 pm »
I agree with PP.  It is early to go to one nap but try to make each about an hour.  That may help. If you need ideas on how to do that check out the nap boards. Good Luck.
[img width= height=]http://newtickers.bump-and-beyond.com/6/687/68748.png[/img]

Offline * Paula *

• Showing Appreciation 426
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2007, 20:29:11 pm »
I would stretch the afternoon nap out a bit longer, so that your DD is not so tired by bed time.

My DS was also an early to bed and early riser, so I do know how you feel.  I would definitely try stretching out the afternoon nap a bit before you start cutting into the morning nap.

You could start moving it backwards by about 10-15 minutes every few days until your lo is ready to have her bottle at 14:00 and then nap after that.

Once your lo starts waking later in the mornings you could aim for a nap at around 9:00am.

HTH's

Thomas Michael - 12 July 2005
Abigail Louise - 23 October 2007