Author Topic: How can I extend activity time?  (Read 1099 times)

Offline scw

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: January 26, 2007, 18:15:38 pm »
My 4.5m old baby girl starts to fuss and gets tired after 1hr of activity time. We don't do anything too stimulating; i.e. they incl. feed/diaper change, sing songs and tummy time.  How can I extend her activity time without getting her overtired/cranky?  (Note, her naps last 1hr to 1.5 hrs each).  Thanks!

Offline Erin M

• The Sentinel
  • Global Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 521
Re: How can I extend activity time?
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2007, 18:50:22 pm »
Extending A time is tricky at that age -- she might not be ready for a longer EASY cycle (some babies take longer to transition to the 4 hours) but if her feeds are needing to be every 4 hours, it makes your a time tricky.  If you play with her very quietly on the floor of her room with low lighting it might help to extend her a time.  My LOs always do much better when there's music on too, seems to soothe them.

Offline scw

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2007, 19:23:16 pm »
Thanks for your advise!  Talking with her quietly in her room before nap time is working to extend the A time without her getting fussy.  It's also a great way to transition into her wind down ritual!

Offline SallyDom

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 14
Re: How can I extend activity time?
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2007, 21:05:03 pm »
My little boy was the same having short activity time, up until almost 6 months he was having 1 hour activity time then 2 hour naps, to be honest I didn't try and extend his A times, I just enjoyed the rest when he was napping cos I knew it wouldn't be long till he was awake for most of the day and I'd have no time to myself!
x
Dominic Luke 29/03/06
Isaac (Zac) James 14/11/07