Author Topic: Elmo is crazy!  (Read 1239 times)

Offline GG

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 103
  • Chicagoland, IL
Elmo is crazy!
« on: February 01, 2007, 15:32:16 pm »
My son LOVESLOVESLOVES watching Elmo DVD's. It's a bit annoying because once the DVD is done (45 min long) he wants to watch another one and whines when he doesn't get his way (I think he's bored of all his toys). Despite the fact that I'd be able to get some work done, I refuse to let him watch TV all day long.

Anyway, I watch the DVD's with him sometimes and that Elmo is a crazy bird. I saw the one on singing just today and he impersonated the 3 Tenors, Elvis Presley (complete with blue suede shoes) and a rapper (rapping his "Elmo's World" theme song). On another one that talks about sleep, a flying talking bed comes into Elmo's house. The mattress does the talking and the pillow agrees with him by saying, "You tell him, beddy boy" over and over.  It's really pretty entertaining, sometimes even for adults.
Georgia, mom to 3 sweet babes: touchy Foti, spirited Lena & not-so-tiny Joanna

Offline Erin M

• The Sentinel
  • Global Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 521
Re: Elmo is crazy!
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2007, 15:34:02 pm »
Seriously, I think Elmo is some sort of drug for preschoolers.  I don't know how they figured it out, but they managed to make the world's most appealing character for the under-5 crowd.

binxyboo

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2007, 16:34:08 pm »
LOL I am reading this while Riley is listening to "LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA Elmo's World!

I loved Elmo even as a teenager.

Offline Mom2katiebug

• Showing Appreciation 151
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2007, 16:48:07 pm »
DD is a total addict as well and even Baby Einstein is called "Melmo".  It does worry me a little bit though that they have found the exact color, voice, shape, etc. that appeals to babies/toddlers.  We were walking through Fred Meyer's one day and she was hollering Melmo, Melmo!  Because it was out of context, DH and I didn't really know what she wanted or was trying to say.  Finally, we just let her lead us and she walked over 3 aisles to the toy aisle and pointed to a stuffed Elmo.  That was a bit much for me!  If they can do that, what chance do any of us have?!?
"Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you also have an obligation to be one."  - Eleanor Roosevelt

Offline jennyb133

• Jenny
  • Showing Appreciation 12
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2007, 15:00:07 pm »
DS is 14mos. old & just discovered Elmo!  I don't let him watch too much TV, but occasionally I'll put it on to get stuff done. I know what time Sesame Street comes on, so I put it on & he doesn't pay much attention- just plays with his toys, but at the end is Elmo & as soon as he hears that song, he stops what he's doing & stares at the TV the whole time Elmo is on!! It's like a baby/toddler drug!
James~ 12/04/2005
Alexander~ 07/26/2007
Nicholas~ 09/05/2010