Author Topic: 15 mo suddenly become clingy?  (Read 1107 times)

Offline threefold_cord

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: February 07, 2007, 06:46:12 am »
Hi my lo has been a good baby since birth and has been able to play on his own for quite some time. Lately however he has become quite clingy and has been using his favorite word 'up' alot when he wants one of use to hold him :-[. There haven't been any changes in his schedule or development lately and I put out plenty of objects from around the house including his toys to keep him occupied. Each activity however keeps him occupied for about 5 min. until he comes back again and says 'up'. So I'll usually take out another object and the cycle continues. He loves books and will bring a book and we'll read it, but still afterwawards he doesn't want to play on his own. I will say to him, "You don't have to up right now. Look you have lots of toys to play with." But then he gets upset and starts fussing ???. I am not sure what's going on or what stage this is. Lo also embarrased us the other day at a friend's house when he insisted on being held the whole time even though there were toys that he had never seen before and was fussing and throwing himself back when he did not get what he wanted. My lo is usually a friendly, chilled-out child and usually loves to explore new things. Anyone else have this problem? What do you think is going on? ??? ???

Offline Erin M

• The Sentinel
  • Global Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 521
Re: 15 mo suddenly become clingy?
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2007, 16:34:47 pm »
My guess would be separation anxiety, round 2 -- it's common for toddler to go through it again.  Here's a link to a very excellent FAQ on the Toddler Sleep board.  Even if his sleep isn't being affected, it's full of great info.

https://babywhispererforums.com/index.php?topic=80822.0

Offline threefold_cord

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2007, 17:08:24 pm »
Thanks a lot :D. Lo sleeps through the night wonderfully-7-7 or something like that depending on how early he took a nap. We have been having problems with the daytime nap lately though. I think that it is SA. As I stated in my last message, I don't think that we are doing any AP with lo. We give hugs and kisses and continue to encourage him to play. This morning he wanted to be picked up while I was washing dishes. So I let him 'help' me. Lo's job was to rinse the dishes-I am sure we used 10 times more water than usual. Anyway we had fun :P.

Offline Ami ~ 3 girls' mom

• Showing Appreciation 70
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2007, 19:29:41 pm »
My youngest is super clingy with her molars coming in.

Offline TDR'smom

• Bottle Feeding
  • Showing Appreciation 184
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2007, 19:35:09 pm »
DS gets clingy when he is teething or when he is getting sick (right before he shows any symptoms).
Judy